• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision REAP 35mm super deal

mrjoed2

Private
Minuteman
May 15, 2018
Anybody looking to buy a Trijicon Reap, I found a terrific deal. Reap 35mm Version 2 new.. Optics planet matched my best price found of $6399 shipped, no tax. But I had been hesitating & glad I did. Got a e-mail from them last week with their Memorial day sale (runs through 5/31) 10% back in "Optics planet bucks" on all purchases, which is basically store credit on future purchases. A quick call confirmed the Reap qualified, so I placed the order. 2 days later order shipped & I had $639 in my account. Reap delivered today, shiny & new..
Aready spending some of the credit on a Sig Romeo 1 & SB Tactical stock for the Remington Tac-13 on order. Awesome deal!!

Optics Planets posted price today is $7399. Can you tell me/us where to get the price match of $6399. I'd like to order one for the price you paid.

Sorry guys, I forgot to post the price match company. It is TE Equipment. You need to go to the Reap page & request a quote. They will e-mail you back the quote. Mine was $6399. Then contact Optics Planet with it.

So hows the REAP ?

Well, just learning the menu system. Will say it is built like a tank. Love the DLOK mount. Used it handheld last night around the neigborhood,& the image quality is fantastic. Tales great still images, even though there is not a easy way to download them. Found I like the white hot settings best. Put it on My SIg 516 & will get it sighted in soon, bought some thermal targets. Anxious to try the easy zero function. Right now very happy with my decision.
DSC01784.JPG

Reactions: TDFT1
Just curious... why so far back on the rail? Lefty?

I've been playing around with the position, but for me anyway it needs to be pretty far back to open up the shuttered eye cup & get a good seal. Good thing I have extended charging handles.

Reactions: Chevoke
Now I'm curious.
I'm left handed and would like to know why you would guess that someones left handed from the position of the scope on the rail ?
Having a good QD mount on any type of thermal or NV is a great option.
You need to test it's return to zero capabilities and mark the rail once you find the position you like best.
Mounting your optic further back on the rail also gives you more room to mount other accessories, like a brass catcher mounting bracket.
Although it's easy to find the hot spent casings in the dark with a thermal, it's a lot easier to have a brass catcher and not have to worry about finding brass that you plan to reload and/or keep your hunting area clean and evidence free.

SJC

You must push your face far enough into the optic in order for the shuttered eyecup to fully open. I run my Trijicon thermal optics as far back as they will go on the rail for that purpose.

I have no idea how being lefty would change the mounting position of the optic.

You must push your face far enough into the optic in order for the shuttered eyecup to fully open. I run my Trijicon thermal optics as far back as they will go on the rail for that purpose.

I have no idea how being lefty would change the mounting position of the optic.

I know a couple of lefties who push their optic back to keep the ejected brass from hitting them in the face/throat or going down their shirt/jacket.

I just noticed that you run your rear BUIS in an "odd" position as a result of where your Reap sits, so I figured I'd ask.

Different strokes, and all that. As someone once put it to me -- if you don't run NTCH as God intended, you're a heathen. ;)

I know a couple of lefties who push their optic back to keep the ejected brass from hitting them in the face/throat or going down their shirt/jacket.

I just noticed that you run your rear BUIS in an "odd" position as a result of where your Reap sits, so I figured I'd ask.

Different strokes, and all that. As someone once put it to me -- if you don't run NTCH as God intended, you're a heathen. ;)
Well, that's a good observation and reason to ask.
I personally have never had to keep my optics set back, but can see some others doing that if they had hot brass hitting them in the face, and that's another good point to have a brass catcher.

SJC

Sorry guys, I forgot to post the price match company. It is TE Equipment. You need to go to the Reap page & request a quote. They will e-mail you back the quote. Mine was $6399. Then contact Optics Planet with it.

Did you call optics planet or just email the quote, or what was the process for the price match? Thanks

@Smid.

Any reason to not just order direct from TE Equipment at this time? I sent out a bunch of feelers and even TE quoted me higher than the OP.

I typically order from Jason at EO so I'm going to just give him a call and see what happens. I hate Optics Planet LOL

@texag0842 I have gift cards lol. Optics planet blows for sure which is why I haven’t used them yet

Anybody looking to buy a Trijicon Reap, I found a terrific deal. Reap 35mm Version 2 new.. Optics planet matched my best price found of $6399 shipped, no tax. But I had been hesitating & glad I did. Got a e-mail from them last week with their Memorial day sale (runs through 5/31) 10% back in "Optics planet bucks" on all purchases, which is basically store credit on future purchases. A quick call confirmed the Reap qualified, so I placed the order. 2 days later order shipped & I had $639 in my account. Reap delivered today, shiny & new..
Aready spending some of the credit on a Sig Romeo 1 & SB Tactical stock for the Remington Tac-13 on order. Awesome deal!!

Dam I am pissed I bought mine 2 weeks before that deal. I only paid $6700 But no bonus bucks, man that chapped my arse!!

Did you call optics planet or just email the quote, or what was the process for the price match? Thanks

Optics Planet has a web page for price matches. Put in your info & either the web page of the competitors lower price or a attachment such as a quote.

Reactions: Smith1
I personally have had no problems with Optics planet. They ship pretty timely, take returns back with no problem. Free shipping over $49 & can always find a
coupon for a discount. Used some of my Credit bucks for a Sig Romeo 1 RMR, soft case for the REAP & a SB Tactical brace for a Rem TAC-13 on order.
All have arrived factory sealed pretty quickly.