• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rear bag and the SOPMOD

2ac

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 11, 2009
Seattle
I have a Triad small wedgie, and while it works great with a standard rifle stock I just can't get comfortable with it under my SOPMOD. So I'm wondering, especially you SOPMOD users, what bag are you happy with?

The triad large wedge works. I have another one I use, but can't think of where I got it from. The sopmod isn't great for shooting prone :)

I have had the same problem. I was looking at the flat rail adapter made by battleline to give me a flat spot for a bag.

I have used the Triad small wedge standing tall-point up, behind the adjustment lever. Pull it in tight and hold the bag/stock tight into the shoulder with the support hand. The bipod has to be at the perfect height for this to work. It worked OK for me, but eventually I replaced the SOPMOD with an ACS-L, and now I have a place to put a bag.

The Red Tac cylindrical bags I bought from Triad have worked well for me for many years under sopmod and VLTOR stocks during workups and deployments. I squeeze towards the bottom of the bag.

The TAB rear bag works well for the SOPMOD stocks, standing up and angled slightly towards the rear contacting the stock between the lever and bottom of the but plate. I use my off hand to support the bag and stock anyway so squeeze adjustment changes are not a problem at all. This is with an Atlas bipod and 20 round magazines, shooting 30 rounders you may be forced to a bipod height that will make all bags I have owned pretty useless.

I'm going to look at the TAB and Red Tac again. I am running 20 round mags and an Atlas, fwiw.