• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rear Bag filler

Jallen015

Private
Minuteman
Jun 17, 2020
Just recently got my first long range rifle. After a day of using my off hand the hold up the stock I’ve realized that’s for the birds. Picked up a rear bag but I’m not sure what’s best to use as a filler.
Any thoughts from people more experienced than me?

I pick up one of these US PeaceKeeper Rear Rifle Rest,... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07P76725W?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
I figure it will work until I decide to pick up a game changer
Ok, so, benchrest, f-class, PRS, run and gun, plinking, other? Do you want a super-stable heavy rear bag? Do you want an ultralight pack-friendly bag? There’s not really a wrong answer, but some tools are better suited to certain jobs. I wouldn’t use poly fill in a bag for f-class any more than I would use heavy sand in a bag for a run and gun. Sand is probably a happy medium (though it can still be plenty heavy) though there are definite proponents of git lite fill.

Reactions: Jallen015
Part of it depends on what type of bag you are using and shooting style.
I chose fine hobby sand over heavy sand for my Protector rabbit ear bag.
It's a bit lighter and I didn't want the bag to firm so I can still squeeze it for minor elevation changes even when shooting off of an adjustable front bench rest.
I have another basic rectangular bag I filled with airsoft pellets that I used when hunting in box blinds and shooting prone that works well for me.

step one) select a sock based on its texture girth and ornamental value.
step b ) locate a playground, golf course, or litterbox
step4) when no ones lookin stick some junk in the sock.
and thats the way ya do it

Git Lite or Poly bead fill off Amazon for corn hole bag and heavy blanket fill stuff.

As others have said, sand or rice will work. But there are modern synthetic materials like Git Lite, etc.

The guy who makes Bull Bags told me to use kitty litter. I questioned him and he again said use Tidy Cat

So I did and dang, worked good in his X bag and weighs lot less than sand (but certainly more that other fills)

Reactions: Jallen015