• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Reasonably reliable bullpup 12ga SA?

jr81452

Professional Skeptic
Minuteman
Jul 5, 2007
Saint petersburg, Florida
For reasons that are beyond me and despite my warnings that this is not the best choice for a singular home defense firearm, my BIL wants to get one. Are any of these bullpup semi 12ga's reliable these days or are they still ammo dependent? Looking for some recommendations on models to look into for his $1000 and under budget, or highly reliable at the lowest price possible if it's over that.

Can't stress enough that he is not a gun guy. Would prefer to stay away from systems that require changing gas rings or otherwise tuning for the load beyond turning a port selector.

Thanks.

It’s not a semi auto but the Keltek KS7 has been awesome so far

~$500 and I’ve had zero issues with any ammo including the mini shells

haven’t seen to many bullpup semis that were all that reliable

Thanks for the info. He was talking about getting a KSG, maybe pump is the way to go.
Sorry for the late reply, I didn't get a notification for your post.

For reasons that are beyond me and despite my warnings that this is not the best choice for a singular home defense firearm, my BIL wants to get one. Are any of these bullpup semi 12ga's reliable these days or are they still ammo dependent? Looking for some recommendations on models to look into for his $1000 and under budget, or highly reliable at the lowest price possible if it's over that.

Can't stress enough that he is not a gun guy. Would prefer to stay away from systems that require changing gas rings or otherwise tuning for the load beyond turning a port selector.

Thanks.
I've had no problems(so far) with running various manufacturers ammo through the Tavor TS12.(both 2 3/4" and 3", various loads,
buckshot, birdshot)