• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Reasoning for a 308 rifle

1-11.25 or 1-10 twist on my builds. What twist is your barrel?

thank you. want to stick with one round for a while and get the dope dialed in to a T. thanks for the help

I had 155 Scenars going almost 3100 FPS from a 26 inch 1-10 and was a hammer at 1K

Reactions: W54/XM-388
Gotcha! Thanks for the wisdom gentlemen. Have a great New Year. I'll post up pics and range report once rifle is assembled.

Reactions: 308pirate
Gotcha! Thanks for the wisdom gentlemen. Have a great New Year. I'll post up pics and range report once rifle is assembled.

Please do. I'm a big Howa fan. I have two nearly identical heavy barrel setups, in 308 and 223, and my first CF hunting rifle was also a Howa 1500 stainless sporter in 30-06. That one shot awesome once I tossed the cheap plastic stock and bedded it to a Bell & Carlson fiberglass stock

For me its barrel life compared to 6.5 Creedmore. For a man of my means, who likes to shoot as often as possible, I cant afford a rebarrel every 2000 to 3000 rounds.

Reactions: BCX