• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Recap of the URSA NorCal Feb '22 event

ELR researcher

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 30, 2011
www.elr-resources.com
21 Feb 2022 - Recap of the URSA NorCal Feb ‘22 event (by RD, Lynn Dragoman; build info from Oscar)

Well we had a first time shooter at this months match and he was shooting an Armalite AR50 with factory 660 grain federal american ball ammo. I have shot factory ball ammo in the past and was concerned that we might not get our new shooter on target. Long story short our newest shooter got 5 hits his first time out and he did it with factory ball ammo!!! Nice shooting James and welcome aboard you shot very well.

Next up was Stephen who had shot one time with us over a year ago. He hit 5 out of 10 at 2054 yards to take home the win for match 1. Very nice shooting Stephen. Stephen also qualified for the 3K match by getting that 5/10.

In match 2 Calgun regular Rickyracer87 took home the win with 5 hits out of 10 shots.

James and Stephen shot both matches but they shot match 2 without any sighters or practice shots which is even more amazing. I suspect they will bring more ammo to any future events and do even better.

Congrats to Stephen and RickyRacer87, you both shot well!!!

Stephen was shooting 300 gr Berger OTM Tacticals out of his Billy Gun Machine/BGM-built .338 LM AI (Ackley Improved) with Defiance Rebel XL action (40 MOA integrated Pic rail), Bartelin 30” barrel, MPA BA chassis, Nightforce ATACR 5-25x56 SFP scope, and Nightforce X-Treme Magmount w/ 20 MOA..

RickyRacer was shooting 300 gr Hornady A-TIPs out of his Billy Goat Machine/BGM-built .338 LM AI (Ackley Improved) with BGM “OVIS” (Defiance Deviant Tactical) action, Bartlein 31.5” barrel, Manners T5A stock, Nightforce ATACR 7-35x56 SFP scope, and ERATAC 0-70 MOA adjustable base/rings.

Reactions: BCX
What's target size (in feet, or minutes)?

Remote camera at that range?
Curious what they might be using. The range we frequent goes to 2K, but the camera system is crap... can't spot anything with it because the refresh rate is literally measured in seconds.

What's target size (in feet, or minutes)?

Remote camera at that range?
Curious what they might be using. The range we frequent goes to 2K, but the camera system is crap... can't spot anything with it because the refresh rate is literally measured in seconds.
The target size is 37" round - see the definition of "target" at https://www.unlimitedrange.org/operations.html

We use hit-indicator lights for scoring (hit or miss).

Recently one of the shooters has started using a camera to assist in "documenting" his shooting and for spotting - a tripod-mounted Nikon P1000 and a tethered monitor on which to project the camera image in real time. See the top two pics at https://www.unlimitedrange.org/gallery.html

Here is what I am using...
My Long Range Camera Setup
I'm using a Nikon P1000 digital point and shoot camera, which has a focal equivalent to 3000mm on a 35 mm camera. The Monitor that I use is an Andycine C7 field camera monitor. It works awesome even in direct sunlight. I'm using a surveyors tripod with an adapted Benro 3 way geared head adjustable mount. This makes it nice and stable for recording at long distances and very easy to adjust. I'm using the monitor on the HDMI output of the camera and have it mounted on a clamp on cold shoe to my small shooting table. The monitor is a touch screen with all kinds of options and has a pinch to zoom function so I can leave the camera at 3000mm optical and record the video without any digital zoom. By using the pinch to zoom on the monitor I can get as close as I want to spot shots. I was able to see small impacts in the grass below the target that you'd never be able to see through any spotting scope I've looked through. and by recording your shots you can go back and figure out where you hit if you didn't see it the first time. Oh yeah and if you have that awesome day when everything goes right you'll have the proof as well...
The 3000mm view is at 2054 yards and the gong size is 37"

1645705946458.png