• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Recession - 2022 / 2023 / 2024

One more Big Player in the market has been proven wrong in their forward looking statement.
Today at 8,985

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Goldman Sachs expects copper price to break all-time high in 2022​

Goldman Sachs has predicted that copper's remarkable price surge is set to continue next year and could break records because of resurgent demand and capped supplies.

Analysts led by Nicholas Snowdon project a 12-month price target of $9,500 per tonne next year, up from a $7,500 per tonne projection previously, with a 2021 average price forecast...

Add Ross Perot to that
No, the time for that was 20 years ago. We had about $6 trillion in national debt just prior to starting the GWOT. This grew to around $10 trillion after we bailed out the banks; somewhere in-between, Cheney claimed "deficits don't matter" and this basically became religion. Obama nearly doubled it during his time in office, despite "sequestration". Trump added almost $10 trillion in only four years (about $1T/yr in "normal" spending plus Covid stimulus). Potato Joe has added a few trillion of his own in less than two years with much more to come as the infrastructure bill spending ramps.

We're so far down the hole that it does little good to pass such an amendment at this point. It's tilting at windmills.

This can all be lumped under the political-economic theory called "Ron Paul Was Right".

One more Big Player in the market has been proven wrong in their forward looking statement.
Today at 8,985

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Goldman Sachs expects copper price to break all-time high in 2022​

Goldman Sachs has predicted that copper's remarkable price surge is set to continue next year and could break records because of resurgent demand and capped supplies.

Analysts led by Nicholas Snowdon project a 12-month price target of $9,500 per tonne next year, up from a $7,500 per tonne projection previously, with a 2021 average price forecast...
Correct. I believe all analysts will be proven wrong.

Your government hates you and wants to suppress your wages.

Your government hates you and wants to suppress your wages.

We have 10X that many here right now and John Deere is having to have it's tractor cabs built in Mexico because there is a shortage of labor here. When the US Government stops giving away free money, there will be 5 workers for every job opening. History will repeat when the $$$ spigot is turned off.... If and when...

Reactions: devildog93
Who's driving the bus?
US Secretary of Treasury Janet Yellen recently appeared to shift the responsibility of dealing with inflation away from the White House. While speaking to reporters on Monday, she claimed the Federal Reserve is responsible for dealing with the American economy.

I keep getting sales flyers as business try to offload inventory no one is buying right now.

I'm seeing the same thing. By winter it's going to be "slim pickin's" at the big box stores. What's that old saying ? "Best get it now or do without"......
Nothing I really want, to be honest. I bought really heavy at the beginning of the year.

Will focus on things like fasteners, adhesives, redundancies is tools and maintenance items etc.

However, if I can snag another 16”-20” jointer for 25% off then I might be persuaded to open up the wallet. Would like to add an electric saw mill as well.

Nothing I really want, to be honest. I bought really heavy at the beginning of the year.

Will focus on things like fasteners, adhesives, redundancies is tools and maintenance items etc.

However, if I can snag another 16”-20” jointer for 25% off then I might be persuaded to open up the wallet. Would like to add an electric saw mill as well.
Those exterior Torx head screws have a really long shelf life. The good one's can be re-used / repurposed. Excellent for installing plywood over windows.

Reactions: 91Eunozs
Reactions: babyguppy
2 more things coming I’m waiting to see the impact of:

End of free school lunch program

Paying back student loans

I guarantee the people who have had loan payments paused since 2022 did not save that windfall added back into their budgets. As a matter of fact, I will hypothesize that they increased their frivolous spending up to that level, and probably monthly payment load on different debt (cars, ATV/UTV, credit cards, etc).

maybe, student loan borrowers had the use the extra money to cover additional 'other costs'. food and gas have been increasing.

Reactions: Hobo Hilton
One side will say we are, one will say we are not. It's all the same on the prision planet known as the Endless Illusion.

ZomboMeme 07022022141621.jpg

One side will say we are, one will say we are not. It's all the same on the prision planet known as the Endless Illusion.

View attachment 7897844
I agree 100%....... America is a "House Divided"... Reality is so scary that most people tip over into the world of denial. Being in denial is a "Warm and Fuzzy" place. Those not in denial are grasping every fiber of "Reality"..... These are the Survivors who don't want any information sugar coated and spoon fed to them. The Reality is things are going to get worse than America has seen in the past few generations. When you get right down to basics with someone in denial they will admit they want to be the first to die when the SHTF....... Bill Gates loves that group. Very little effort to eliminate them. Those in the camp of "Reality" will be the challenge. Time will tell the story.
JMHO

Congress is sending billions of USD's to Ukraine. Why can't an American project be funded ?
The next question is why are taxpayer dollars funding private industry ?
Things are just not adding up.

Because if Intel has to fund the construction of its new facility using free cash flow and cash-on-hand, then it can't afford future share repurchase plans to prop up its stock price:

Among the SIA corporate signatories of a letter to President Biden in February 2021, the five largest stock repurchasers—Intel, IBM, Qualcomm, Texas Instruments, and Broadcom—did a combined $249 billion in buybacks over the decade 2011-2020, equal to 71 percent of their profits and almost five times the subsidies over the next decade for which the SIA is lobbying. In addition, among the members of the Semiconductors in America Coalition (SIAC), formed specifically in May 2021 to lobby Congress for the passage of the CHIPS for America Act, are Apple, Microsoft, Cisco, and Google. These firms spent a combined $633 billion on buybacks during 2011-2020.

If I were in charge, I'd be happy to support American manufacturing - but a company wouldn't get a single dime of federal money without promising to discontinue any and all share repurchase plans for, oh, let's say a decade after receiving those funds.

Because if Intel has to fund the construction of its new facility using free cash flow and cash-on-hand, then it can't afford future share repurchase plans to prop up its stock price:

If I were in charge, I'd be happy to support American manufacturing - but a company wouldn't get a single dime of federal money without promising to discontinue any and all share repurchase plans for, oh, let's say a decade after receiving those funds.
I agree. Share repurchase is a manipulation to increase the value of a share. It is a temporary move that allows investors to cash out with a small profit. The term "Investing in ourselves" is far from the truth.
big.chart

Reactions: E. Bryant
Reality is setting in:

The numbers: The final survey of U.S. consumer sentiment fell to an all-time low of 50 in June, reflecting broad angst about high inflation and especially record gas prices. The index registered a preliminary 50.2 earlier in the month, which was the lowest reading in the history of the 44-year-old survey.

Wasn’t sure where to put this one, but I have been talking about/warning of this type of thing since 2020.

Wasn’t sure where to put this one, but I have been talking about/warning of this type of thing since 2020.
When this house of cards topples over there will be people jumping out of windows..... There is going to be one big lesson learned. Never turn your hard earned money over to another person to invest. I learned that lesson at an early age and recovered. When you are playing with retirement money there will not be time to recover the loss.....
  • Hunt Brothers / Silver market
  • Enron
  • S&L Crash
  • Bernard Lawrence Madoff (/ˈmeɪdɔːf/ MAY-dawf; April 29, 1938 – April 14, 2021) was an American fraudster and financier who ran the largest Ponzi scheme in history, worth about $64.8 billion. He was at one time chairman of the NASDAQ stock exchange.

A tepid stock market, soaring inflation, and rising interest rates have left Americans less than optimistic about the state of the economy. Consumer sentiment has plunged to a record low, according to a University of Michigan survey released last week, fueled by frustration over high prices.

Copper has been one component of my forward looking crystal ball.... Concerning
Worldwide

View attachment 7900298

Is that a sign things are taking a downturn? I know we saw a big aluminum plant shut down. I'm watching for production facilities closing in the U.S. and taking note. I assumed entertainment, then retail, then production would get hit. Trailing indicators would be commodities I had assumed bu had no clear picture if it would happen in stages or slide down together. It looks like it is going to slide down together. I thought at some point we were going to have a domino effect that fed into itself. This looks to be the start. I do think we could turn it around if we changed direction on a few things like energy, farming, fertilizer, etc. but since we aren't going to do that I will just continue watching and wondering what the next thing will be. I'm in for more food price jumps and more restaurant closures due to cost of operation.

Is that a sign things are taking a downturn? I know we saw a big aluminum plant shut down. I'm watching for production facilities closing in the U.S. and taking note. I assumed entertainment, then retail, then production would get hit. Trailing indicators would be commodities I had assumed bu had no clear picture if it would happen in stages or slide down together. It looks like it is going to slide down together. I thought at some point we were going to have a domino effect that fed into itself. This looks to be the start. I do think we could turn it around if we changed direction on a few things like energy, farming, fertilizer, etc. but since we aren't going to do that I will just continue watching and wondering what the next thing will be. I'm in for more food price jumps and more restaurant closures due to cost of operation.
They call it Dr. Copper because it is a leading indicator of economic activity. It’s use is so ubiquitous that it starts to tell what the demand for future production may be.

Recently I have been hearing a very old term- "Scraping the Bottom of the Barrel". We are witnessing retailer's (Target, Bed Bath and Beyond, etc) gathering up merchandise that has fallen out of favor and selling it off at a deep discount. They are not restocking but shrinking inventory. Retailers are scraping the bottom of the barrel and selling off "stuff".

Oil driller's are "re-fracking" .... Oil well re-fracking is on the rise in the United States as shale producers seek to boost production without making significant investments in new wells

The real problem is not having too much inventory.
It is that having too much of the wrong products in the wrong places, and not enough of the right products where they sell the best.

So, look around at all of your "stuff". Don't be holding the wrong stuff that is going to require the wrong products. Weather the oncoming recession by having the stuff that requires the available products. Own the most popular vehicle (parts, 87 octane fuel, low cost oil, plain Jane tires, etc), build your next weapon to run available ammo, reseed your yard with more drought resistant grass, increase your food intake to items that have a longer shelf life rather than eating "fresh" items that that go bad in a week. Comments ?

Reactions: devildog93
Recently I have been hearing a very old term- "Scraping the Bottom of the Barrel". We are witnessing retailer's (Target, Bed Bath and Beyond, etc) gathering up merchandise that has fallen out of favor and selling it off at a deep discount. They are not restocking but shrinking inventory. Retailers are scraping the bottom of the barrel and selling off "stuff".

Oil driller's are "re-fracking" .... Oil well re-fracking is on the rise in the United States as shale producers seek to boost production without making significant investments in new wells

The real problem is not having too much inventory.
It is that having too much of the wrong products in the wrong places, and not enough of the right products where they sell the best.

So, look around at all of your "stuff". Don't be holding the wrong stuff that is going to require the wrong products. Weather the oncoming recession by having the stuff that requires the available products. Own the most popular vehicle (parts, 87 octane fuel, low cost oil, plain Jane tires, etc), build your next weapon to run available ammo, reseed your yard with more drought resistant grass, increase your food intake to items that have a longer shelf life rather than eating "fresh" items that that go bad in a week. Comments ?

Pretty much lines up with my thoughts. cartridge selection for weapons has availability on top with durability a close second. Figuring out how long the bad times will last would be a good thing to know. I'm at a year so far.

Pretty much lines up with my thoughts. cartridge selection for weapons has availability on top with durability a close second. Figuring out how long the bad times will last would be a good thing to know. I'm at a year so far.
One year is a justifiable benchmark.
Some of my forward looking thoughts:
If you are seeing your "Medical Team" once a year without issues, that would establish a health benchmark.
If you have access to sustainable survival items like food, clothing, water, etc for a year in advance, again, that is a good benchmark to plan from.
"Shelter" for a year, for many, is a challenge. Many unforeseen expenses there. Like taxes, insurance, utilities, maintenance, etc.
"The Grey Man" - This will become more of a challenge as time goes on. People will be watching. The frequency of automobiles coming and going. The aroma of rib eye's on the grill, sound of the AC running when the temp is 100 degrees, number of play toys (snow machines, jet skis, side by sides, weekly lawn services, stuff at curb with a big "Free" sign...... The OPSEC list is long.
Does your AO appear to be sustainable for a year ? During the "Housing Crash" there were entire neighborhoods that were abandoned, weeds growing up in the sidewalks and roads, transients living in abandoned houses, Failure of both law enforcement and code enforcement to patrol these areas that eventually became no man's land..

JMHO

bew-700x394.png

school1-700x465.jpg

8267153015_9aa203f345_z.jpg

More of what I have been talking about since 2020.

You will not be able to buy a home in the future. A nation of renters.

I will stick to my ‘broke as fuck’ thesis on oil and remain bearish. I believe analysts are grossly underestimating how broke people are.

Inventory is piling up. Demand is dropping worldwide. It’s not just gasoline but all the items petroleum is used in that people worldwide are no longer buying because they’re broke as fuck. People being broke as fuck impacts everything; almost an inverse of oil if you will.

More of what I have been talking about since 2020.

You will not be able to buy a home in the future. A nation of renters.
These clowns are playing with other people's money (IRA's, 401k, company plans that are investing their employee's paychecks, etc)... No better than a hot tip on a pony in the 3rd race.... When the house of cards collapses the fund manager's will walk away because somewhere in the very small print is a clause about you can possibly loose all of your money. A Limited Liability Partnership in a different wrapper.

These funds can never turn the corner on houses. They are paying above market purchase prices and in the future a home buyer will be able to buy a house for less than the rent will be on one of these rental houses..... Rest assured the US Government will cough up some more free money to get these poor discriminated illegals into a home of their own... The American dream.

If such a scheme was feasible, someone would have been buying all those houses the Resolution Trust Corporation was bundling off in the 90's.... Those went for nickles on the dollar and there was equity in them the minute the new owner took ownership. The Big Banks made a killing.

“Our backlog is consistent with last quarter’s strong levels but execution remains dependent on market conditions. Based on our ongoing dialogues with our clients, we believe that M&A and capital markets activity will pick up when stability and visibility improve,” the company said Monday.

These clowns are playing with other people's money (IRA's, 401k, company plans that are investing their employee's paychecks, etc)... No better than a hot tip on a pony in the 3rd race.... When the house of cards collapses the fund manager's will walk away because somewhere in the very small print is a clause about you can possibly loose all of your money. A Limited Liability Partnership in a different wrapper.

These funds can never turn the corner on houses. They are paying above market purchase prices and in the future a home buyer will be able to buy a house for less than the rent will be on one of these rental houses..... Rest assured the US Government will cough up some more free money to get these poor discriminated illegals into a home of their own... The American dream.

If such a scheme was feasible, someone would have been buying all those houses the Resolution Trust Corporation was bundling off in the 90's.... Those went for nickles on the dollar and there was equity in them the minute the new owner took ownership. The Big Banks made a killing.

I was going with; the Corps are buying up the housing, raising rental rates, and cornering the 'local area'. In turn, Corporations turn around and are able to acquire higher section 8 rental fees from the Government. This screws the working person, but section 8 people don't care and the Gov pays the corps more money. (in my opinion). It's an easy way for corporations to get more $$. IF a working person can afford the rent, they won't for very long, and boom, one more person living off the Gov applying for section 8 housing subsidies. .. Getting UGLY very fast.

Heck, in AZ during the last housing bust, the State of AZ bought up a ton of beautiful houses that were in bankruptcy and turned them into Section 8 housing. Huge subdivisions where people were paying big $$ for their mortage; had neighbors that were living in the house next door for free.
These were 300k dollar houses when the median was 175k (look around Glendale). Uggg

• Sad
I was going with; the Corps are buying up the housing, raising rental rates, and cornering the 'local area'. In turn, Corporations turn around and are able to acquire higher section 8 rental fees from the Government. This screws the working person, but section 8 people don't care and the Gov pays the corps more money. (in my opinion). It's an easy way for corporations to get more $$. IF a working person can afford the rent, they won't for very long, and boom, one more person living off the Gov applying for section 8 housing subsidies. .. Getting UGLY very fast.

Heck, in AZ during the last housing bust, the State of AZ bought up a ton of beautiful houses that were in bankruptcy and turned them into Section 8 housing. Huge subdivisions where people were paying big $$ for their mortage; had neighbors that were living in the house next door for free.
These were 300k dollar houses when the median was 175k (look around Glendale). Uggg
This is what I’m getting at.

It feels too early to say "I told you so", but I'm thinking about warming up the choir.
If this recession was simply "American", I really would not be concerned. One concerning component is that the Third world countries are waiting for the countries that are termed "World Leader's" to solve this problem. The G7 could not pour piss out of a boot with the instructions written on the heel. The 3 letter, worldwide, agencies all have an agenda. Their agenda does not include getting the train back on the track.

The shortest route out of this fiasco is to remove the Governments of the World from the picture and allow the businesses of the world to re-create commerce.

JMHO

The World Trade Organization is an intergovernmental organization that regulates and facilitates international trade. Governments use the organization to establish, revise, and enforce the rules that govern international trade.

Reactions: RUTGERS95
Hmmmm

Ark Invest CEO Cathie Wood admitted during a Tuesday interview with CNBC that she had dramatically underestimated the severity of inflation — before claiming that the U.S. economy is likely already in a recession.