• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Recommend a bourbon...

Bookers
Jefferson Oceans Cask Strength
Jim Beam Black

Had to find the pic. .....me and a buddy did a run to bourbon row.
FB_IMG_1513068495422.jpg

There is always Four Roses

Reactions: SilentStalkr
Elijah Craig. Sweet, and at 94 horsepower, with little burn, very deceptive.

Basil Hayden is sweet, smooth, and at 80 proof it is rather unremarkable. Still good.

Elijah Craig cask strength is sweet with notable burn, and at ~135 proof will knock your dick in the dirt.

Booker's is a good one, I think it's around 120+ horsepower. It is deceptive but does have a notable burn as well.

WT Rare Breed is a really good one.

I posted the video on knowing who makes your likker. Lots of makers out there that don't distill a dang drop. Not that their likker is shit, it's made to a specific mash bill....made to spec so to speak, by a generic distiller MGP.

Here it is again....it's gonna break some hearts again:

Client just gave me a bottle of Blanton's

So far so good coming from a scotch guy
-
I did try a bottle of the Pendelton midnight few months back, it was pretty good but still tad on the sweet side.
been tasting on a bottle of Dalwhinnie 15 this week .... yummy

@softcock I might have to make a run to Specs. That Dalmore 18 has been calling my name.

The Dalwhinnie 15 is worth picking up?
ya , ( i think) , that Dalwhinnie 15 is pretty tasty . Wife bought it for me, and it nice smooth sipping flavor. I been really enjoying it .

Reactions: texag0842
I’ve got an east coast friend who is a scotch snob and gives me shit for drinking bourbon.

I asked him for a gateway scotch; he recommended Balvenie 12.

It is definitely good shit...but Basil Hayden is $35, Buffalo Trace is $42 for a 1.75L, and Balvenie 12 is $60, so this cheap airline pilot consumes a LOT more bourbon...

I’ve got an east coast friend who is a scotch snob and gives me shit for drinking bourbon.

I asked him for a gateway scotch; he recommended Balvenie 12.

It is definitely good shit...but Basil Hayden is $35, Buffalo Trace is $42 for a 1.75L, and Balvenie 12 is $60, so this cheap airline pilot consumes a LOT more bourbon...
-
Don't Drink It . That 'Balvenie 12' .
I would not drink it if I were you . You do and you be a goner for sure, and well on your way to moving your taste past the corn bourbon/whiskey's . If you drink the Balvenie 21, you never coming back .....LOL
'Balvenie 12' is what got me hooked 20+ years ago on trying all the scotch's . ( for Me ) the Balvenie 12 is way better taste than the Balvenie 17 double wood . The 12 is just good all around smooth . the Balvenie 21, it just stands above on a whole nother plateau .
-
I don't think you really become a bourbon snob . You are just expanding your tasting .
I will still try a shot of different whiskeys . Your palate changes a little and I think it gets a little more sensitive to the sweeter tastes of some of the Corn distilled, but Bourbons hold there own good flavors in there mash and cask recipes .

Red Stag maple works for me
Not spicy but sweet and smooth