• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors recommend a can for 223 and 260

Powerlock25

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Apr 19, 2008
Abilene/Brownwood, Texas
I am under the belief that a screw on can gives the best consistency. I have a ultra accurate 18"SPR build that I want to put a can on. The Major suggested a AAC M4 can. This is a quick disconnect can, not a thread on. What do you suggest?

Also, I want to get a 30 cal can for my 1000yd 260rem. Same question as above.

do quick disconnect cans have the ability of being as consistent as their thread on counterparts....?

Re: recommend a can for 223 and 260

I've got an M4-1000 on my SPR. It in no way degrades accuracy. My first shooting adventure yielded 10 shots at 100 yards that could be covered by a dime. It consistently shoots sub MOA out to 500 yards. I almost never shoot without the can, and the can has never loosened even one notch while firing with over 800 rounds through the rifle.

The M4 SPR is one of the top three or four quietest cans available, and the ratchet mount is very secure. It also has little back blast compared to most cans.

You're in TX, look into Shark suppressors.

Or the Gemtech Sandstorm, either way you'll be happy.

Get a high quality TI 308 can and use it on 223, 260, 308, 300 win mag. The Shark can be had with swapable end caps to match several thread patterns and/or you can buy adapters to use with the Sandstorm.

my Shark works great on my .223 and .308, and soon .260, all I have to do is change the thread adapter and spin it on, I have spun it on three different percision rifles with zero, yes I said ZERO point of impact change, and since its made of titanium its pretty light wieght, downside is it is not Full Auto rated, and its exspensive, but you get what you pay for.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kletzenklueffer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've got an M4-1000 on my SPR. It in no way degrades accuracy. My first shooting adventure yielded 10 shots at 100 yards that could be covered by a dime. It consistently shoots sub MOA out to 500 yards. I almost never shoot without the can, and the can has never loosened even one notch while firing with over 800 rounds through the rifle.

The M4 SPR is one of the top three or four quietest cans available, and the ratchet mount is very secure. It also has little back blast compared to most cans. </div></div>

Sorry, I'm raising the bullshit flag. 10 shots entirely covered by a dime. I don't think so.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You're in TX, look into Shark suppressors.

Or the Gemtech Sandstorm, either way you'll be happy.

Get a high quality TI 308 can and use it on 223, 260, 308, 300 win mag. The Shark can be had with swapable end caps to match several thread patterns and/or you can buy adapters to use with the Sandstorm. </div></div>

Good advise from Jasonk

I was shooting my shark on a skinny barreled AR-15 yesterday and it was plenty quiet. It didn't feel like a brick hanging off of it either.

Hope this helps,
Trilogymac

Get an AAC 762SD can, the mounting system is the same for the M4-1000. That way you have a versatile system. I have both cans and the 308 does very well on my Larue stealth 18" and LMT M4 16". Sound wise they are about the same as a 22 unsuppressed on the AR platform.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hink</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A big +1 for the Shark.

www.sharksuppressors.com</div></div>

+2 got tigershark and it works good on my .308 and 6.8spc

I tried an M4 2000 Mod 8 and now I am waiting for the paperwork to finish up. It is really quiet and accurate on my buddies LWRC M6A3.