• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Recommend me a gun belt

tomcatmv

Private
Minuteman
Apr 13, 2017
Central Texas
So I'm retired and mostly just wear shorts as I'm in Central TX (hot). I usually carry my RugerEC9in a kydex holster IWB at 7:00 and my leather belts are sometimes saggy and the holes are either too tight or too loose. I'm thinking I'd like something like a mil web belt that's infinitely adjustable and really stiff and at least 1.5 to 1.75 inches wide.

Made to order. Worth the wait.

These are awesome too.

Last edited:
I've been using Bigfoot Gun belts.

Had the same belt for the last 10 years and still going strong

Reactions: D1gger
I'm thinking I'd like something like a mil web belt that's infinitely adjustable and really stiff and at least 1.5 to 1.75 inches wide.

As usual, nobody in this thread seems to have given a shit about what you want and rushed instead to recommend what they like.

In my case, I will recommend what I use but only because it also matches the description of what YOU want.

Here you go: https://www.aresgear.com/index.php?...99_108&zenid=e31a724154922169e2704f2ae72a0a5e

Reactions: Noob Sammich
As usual, nobody in this thread seems to have given a shit about what you want and rushed instead to recommend what they like.

In my case, I will recommend what I use but only because it also matches the description of what YOU want.

Here you go: https://www.aresgear.com/index.php?...99_108&zenid=e31a724154922169e2704f2ae72a0a5e
What he described happen to be what I didn't like about leather, and what I did about it, which appeared to match what he wanted.

You're a meanie-butt 😝😝

What he described happen to be what I didn't like about leather, and what I did about it, which appeared to match what he wanted.

You're a meanie-butt 😝😝

I've always wondered how one threads a belt like that with two bulky buckles through the belt loops.

The Ares Gear Aegis is (as far as I know) the gun belt closest in function to the military dress web belt with slider buckle, which is what the OP wants. It's stupid simple to put on (goes on just like any trouser belt), it's super stiff where it needs to be (two layers of scuba webbing), it's infinitely adjustable without limits (no velcro), and doesn't have a long ass tail to interfere with pouches on your off side (again no velcro).

Last edited:
I've always wondered how one threads a belt like that with two bulky buckles through the belt loops.

The Area Gear Aegis is (as far as I know) the gun belt closest in function to the military dress web belt with slider buckle, which is what the OP wants. It's stupid simple to put on (goes on just like any trouser belt), it's super stiff where it needs to be (two layers of scuba webbing), it's infinitely adjustable without limits (no velcro), and doesn't have a long ass tail to interfere with pouches on your off side (again no velcro).
There's certain ones with the "cobra" buckle which will make it through standard belt loops. The one I posted is one of those.

The wonderful thing is all the choices.... fucked up 1st World Capitalist Pig problems 🥲🥲

Reactions: 308pirate
I have an absolutely beautiful leather belt for revolver and cartridges, which I've bough while traveling in Mexico in 2003.
Paid $140 for it, and will let it go for $200 plus shipping. No one makes this kind of belt anymore. Send PM if interested.

Dude, seriously? Did you read the OP at all?

• Haha
Reactions: Anb618
Blue Alpha velcro only belt. Linked above.

I've worn many gun belts. This one fits your needs perfectly.

Go and fuck yourself. Who the fuck are you to tell me what to post?
Forum rules dictate that there is NO selling in someone's thread. ONLY for sale threads.

You should already be aware of this being a Commercial Supporter.

Reactions: Anb618
Go and fuck yourself. Who the fuck are you to tell me what to post?

This isn't the PX, sell your shit elsewhere.

No one here gives a shit about your cowboy rig. That's not what's being discussed.

Fucking clown.

Go and fuck yourself. Who the fuck are you to tell me what to post? Only Frank is in position to do that. You're always an asshole.
Fuck you again, stupid POS.

You make an ass out of yourself by ignoring forum rules, double down by offering to sell a ridiculous cowboy belt when the OP wants something to hang a small carry gun, and triple down by doing the above.

Keep going.........

Second the Ares Gear belts. Nearly 6 years duty wear, hardly any visible wear and still super stiff.

Attachments

• 20210705_115107.jpg
    20210705_115107.jpg
    451.9 KB · Views: 120
Made to order. Worth the wait.

These are awesome too.

I've been using a 5.11 trainer belt for years, need a new one so going to try the blue Alpha hybrid EDC, thanks.

Reactions: J McGriddle
I have both the kore essentials and nexbelt and both are excellent

I use a local to me smaller outfit. They make a doubled horsehide belt for $100 that you can grab at one end and it’ll almost stand out on its own. I’ll try to get some pics up today. Two week or less to your door any size

Beltman Belts are really good. I've worn the same belt for the last 10 years. Works perfect for carry or casual dress

You definitely need one that has a D ring on it for your helo retention lanyard.

If you're looking for just a shorts/pants belt, just get a basic stiffened Wilderness belt and be done with it.

• Haha
Reactions: tomcatmv
So I'm retired and mostly just wear shorts as I'm in Central TX (hot). I usually carry my RugerEC9in a kydex holster IWB at 7:00 and my leather belts are sometimes saggy and the holes are either too tight or too loose. I'm thinking I'd like something like a mil web belt that's infinitely adjustable and really stiff and at least 1.5 to 1.75 inches wide.

My "shorts" gun is a Smith and Wesson Model 36.

All steel.

Got to think mine is heavier with more girth than your piece. Don't often get to say that.

I carry front pocket in a "slip case" and no one has asked "Is that a gun in your pocket or are you happy to see me?"

But sticking to your parameters.......

I've been carrying Sig M18 all day with 17 rounds of love in a Garret Industries OWB on an LBT riggers belt. No problems.

Need a cover shirt with the OWB though.....

I suggest this.....

My new favorite "slacking" shirt.

Last edited: