• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Recommendation for chest holster for Glock 17/19

TangoSierra916

God, Family, Country
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Oct 11, 2017
    Midwest USA
    Looking for some insight and recommendations for a tight fitting chest holster setup for a glock 17/19. Intended to be work while on walks with light jackets and want it close to the body with minimal movement.

Anyone else go this route if so, what would you recommend?

Been looking at the Kenai chest rig but any opinions or reviews would help.

Thanks

Last edited:
    Reactions: pineoak
    I have the Galco chest holster for my G 20, it is well made and very adjustable. I don’t know how to put a link on but go to Galco holsters website.

Reactions: TangoSierra916
    I haven’t sprung for one yet, but I have really been looking at the Kenai for the ease of being able to switch between my 1911 and my S&W 629. That and the wide/flat straps are a big bonus. I love my Galco Miami Classic, but at the end of the day, I wish that the straps were wider with a full sized pistol.

I love my Kenai holsters. I bought one for my 629 for hunting. I wear a Alaska Guide Creations bino pack over that too and works pretty good for my purpose.
    I have the Kenai for a HK45 for when out F'n around in the woods. The rig holds tight enough, there is a little play or movement when drawing, but not sloppy. One could probably sinch it tighter around themselves to mitigate that. Need to get one for the Deagle! Its not like they are given them away but I like the interchangeable holsters they offer once you have a harness. I have a couple other sidearms with kydex style owb holsters and the Kenai is my favorite.

If you're partial at all to leather, Paradise Valley Leather makes some really nice chest holsters too. Otherwise the kenai seems super slick.

I had quite a few Kenai rigs and liked them a lot until I tried a HPG kit bag and you couldn't pay me to go back to a chest holster. It's way more comfortable, its concealed, and you can carry other gear with you for hiking. I use the original V2 in grey ripstop because it's pretty low vis and doesn't make you look like a tactical tom out on woods patrol.

I got a guides choice years ago that I use with a glock 20. Recently bought the mag pouch to go with it, dont know why I waited so long. I prefer leather but I did see that they have a sister company making a nylon version of the same design.

For going on walks with light jacket the HPG may be the best choice. I go miles into the woods and already have shitloads of gear for fishing. The access, retention and layering work for me, but your application is different.

Attachments

• fishup.jpg
      fishup.jpg
      147.3 KB · Views: 70
    For a Glock 19/17, if you don’t care about concealed (or as you mentioned, you throw a jacket over it) get a molle chest rig and put a Crye GunClip on it. Angles 360°, light compatible, works with suppressors too. Draws straight off your chest (not up). Easy and superb retention. $40.

A chest rig might be a wee more comfy than a three point harness, especially on longer walks, due to the rig going over both shoulders. YMMV.

Edit: if you go this route, buy a stiff-ish chest rig as it’ll give you a more stable drawing platform.

Last edited: