• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Suppressors Recommendation for Sako TRG-42 Suppressor?

GBMaryland

Herr Oberst
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 24, 2008
    Maryland, US
    I'm pondering getting a can for my TRG-42. Primarily since it should be realtively easy to add one.

(I've noticed that the Near break I'm using is super effective, but that when I'm practicing it really causes the shooters to me sides to suffer a bit.)

What are the BEST options for a suppressor for a Sako TRG-42 in 300WM?

GB

Re: Recommendation for Sako TRG-42 Suppressor?

Cool beans. I sent them a message asking what parts I need to order to fit it on a TRG.

So now I just wait to see what they've got to say.

Thank you! I will contact them as well.

Thank God I live in Maryland, and not in the communist state of New Jersey or Nasiforina. I think this will be a lot of fun, as it will prevent me blowing the toupee off the guy next to me!

(True story... the agnle on the Near break reduces recoil to the point of it feeling less than that of a 308, but the gases blow back with such force to the sides... that one day I actually blew a guys toupee off, and another dudes hat!)

Hense the interest in the can, as it's a private range.

I shot a trg with the surefire break and surefire can, and i was very impressed. Very little recoil and excellent noise supression.

CJG

Try Thunder Beast Arms. A couple of the owners are on here, Zak Smith and RayDog. Good guys to work with.

The BEST = Tigershark
    smile.gif

Ask me how I know....

4255512010_74ce81b456_o.jpg

I use this can on 5 different guns, so I have adapters for different threads.
    4254748447_94f85d74de_o.jpg

With the can attached its a loooooooooooong rifle
    4254748341_83f18f06c2_o.jpg

Elite Iron is another option. Great product and Dale and Kathy are great to work with.

I say jet titanium, why carry all the extra weight?

Titianium is what I'm planning on... one way or another.

So,

I'm looking for:

1) Durability
    2) Titanium would be nice
    3) It's GOT to have the proper thread adapater for a Sako TRG.

Who's supressors would fall in this category?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Shark Suppressors! </div></div>
    GB, without question, get a Shark!!

John, you better be carefull with that rifle on that pretty table. My wife would shoot me with it if she saw I did that!!

Ok then.. Shark it is... (I did call them, and they did call me back... now we're just playing phone tag.)

I need to setup the NFA Living Trust, and get one or two other things in line.

...but some of the guys at the range are getting annoyed. (BTW the 300WM with the Near break and the 375 H&H with the JP break [especially that one].)

-Smile-

I wonder if I need a different can for the 375. -grin-

I'd get a elite iron, FWIW.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: C.K</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd get a elite iron, FWIW. </div></div>

+1

I need another one of Dale's cans.

Elite Iron