• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Recommendation on mag pouches for a plate carrier

bllistc

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Mar 1, 2019
Took @TheGerman ‘s advice And stopped being poor. Finally got my scarab plate carrier in and I’m trying to figure out what to get for a mag carriers. I’ve got HSGI tacos that I tried but they don’t hold very tight to the carrier. Tried ordering a TYR tactical triple shingle pouch but they have a 3-4 month lead time on them. Any recommendations?

Look at these: https://atstacticalgear.com/slimline-m4-triple-shingle/

Weigh nothing
Are extremely compact when empty and dont give you that Micheline man feeling
Are only 2 row high to allow for 20 or 30 round mags as well as not having to play that stupid game of trying to grab the top 3/4 inch to get the fucking mag out
Bungee retention but will hold just fine by themselves unless you're like doing a backflip or some shit

Took @TheGerman ‘s advice And stopped being poor. Finally got my scarab plate carrier in and I’m trying to figure out what to get for a mag carriers. I’ve got HSGI tacos that I tried but they don’t hold very tight to the carrier. Tried ordering a TYR tactical triple shingle pouch but they have a 3-4 month lead time on them. Any recommendations?

TYR is a shit company with worst CS than the hipster assholes at Crye. They're wait time has been like that years before this pandemic and its because they keep very little inventory.

Have HSGI canvas ones and they are fine but need some break in to get to the point of unobstructed return to pouch.

The hybrid HSGI, knock offs of GCode perhaps, look ready to go from the start.

Look at these: https://atstacticalgear.com/slimline-m4-triple-shingle/

Weigh nothing
Are extremely compact when empty and dont give you that Micheline man feeling
Are only 2 row high to allow for 20 or 30 round mags as well as not having to play that stupid game of trying to grab the top 3/4 inch to get the fucking mag out
Bungee retention but will hold just fine by themselves unless you're like doing a backflip or some shit

Ah that looks perfect. Thanks man!

@sharfshutz762 I managed to cancel my order with tyr. Guess I got off easy.

Esstac! Priced very reasonably, usually available, many different configurations and camos. Easy and intuitive. Really great dudes working over there!

Another vote for ESSTAC! One of our guys at work had an ESSTAC belt and some mag pouches disappear in transit during shipping. They quickly addressed the issue. The original order arrived sometime later. He called to return it and they told him to keep it. Standup company making quality gear.