• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Recommendations wanted - Ipod ear buds for running

Surffshr

Beach Bum
Minuteman
Jan 9, 2009
SoTX
I'm looking for a few recommendations other than the factory ones. They fall out once I break a sweat.

Re: Recommendations wanted - Ipod ear buds for running

Athletic tape? or some sort of over the ear hook deal.

I can't get any of them to stay in there.

never had that problem with my skull candy titans and sound quality is incredible.IIRC each bud has a 3.5 mm driver and they offer an awesome foam fit, bout $40 at Best Buy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WhiskeyWebber</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Athletic tape? </div></div>

Seems like that would play hell with my ear hair.

Dont clean ur ears for a while. That ear wax is some sticky s**t

I've never had a problem with ear buds falling out of my ears while running so take this FWIW - I have had two pairs of Skullcandy Ink'd ear buds. They're inexpensive, sound great, and in my experience are pretty tough. My first pair had been in use for two years and had been dropped in water several times and even put through the infamous wash cycle on a couple occasions. The only reason I don't still have them today is because I dropped a 45lb dumbbell on them... My friend has the Titan model and has had the same experience as me, but I think his sound a little better and fit the ear a little more solid.

find a local audiology clinic and hav a set custom made , best $100 i spent , after breaking several pairs a year at $25-$125 i got a pair made and they use any round ear bud like the shit ones that come with the i-phones.
you dont have to turn the music up half as loud because the bud blocks out all background noise , so you get ear plugs that play music !!
Radians makes a kit for making your own custom molded ear plugs and some genius decided to make a set of earbuds out of them , their is a some vids on you tube , my wife and son both got theirs this way bout $15 !!
you have to physicaly reach up and work the thing out of your ear with either pair , ive broke a couple earbuds by pulling the wire out of the ear phone getting it snagged on a bar the ear piece stayed put
I suggest getting a realy bright color in case your drop them.
mine are pink and lime green
tn.jpg

tn1.jpg

Skullcandy gets my vote. I also wear them mountain biking.

Sony makes a great ear plug that fits nicely in your ears. The ipod ear buds that come with the ipod are aweful, especially for long runs.

I have the Skullcandy FIX model. They are specifically designed to fix the problem of ear buds falling out of your ears. They have an inline microphone for answering and ending calls or changing tracks. An acoustic port for deeper bass. And they are pretty cheap, run about $40.00.

Thanks gentlemen. I picked up the skull candy ink'd and a jvc set that were both about 15 apiece. Ran in the sc's last night and they are much better. The jvc's have a memory foam that looks interesting. I'll probably check out some of these other models mentioned too. I happened to be up the coast in galveston last night so my run was on a very damp/foggy/salt spray seawall, and I was drenched when I finished. Since the sc's worked in that shit, I'm thinking they will do well for me. I appreciate the input.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JJones75</div><div class="ubbcode-body">here is the vid and kit my wife used , you can probably even use the existing buds
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmk-y_9exJ8 </div></div>

Your wife is a freaking genius. My wife has been looking for replacement tips to go on some earbuds she loves - she's totally doing this now.

I bought my wife some bose, they came with a couple different ear buds and she love them
are they dont fall out and they sound great

thanks for that info...i've been using a jvc model with decent success, but i tried skull candies, sony, and a few others including the one that came with the device and had problems with proper fit...esp after sweating a bit during a workout...