• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PRS Talk Recommended Match grade ammo for PRS match (6.5 creedmore)

harry_x1

Khalsa
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 13, 2019
Hi All, looking to participate in my first PRS match (end of feb). I have an axmc 338 lapua, which can be converted to fire 6.5 creedmore. Currently dont have time to buy and load ammo on my own, hence looking for best match grade ammo out there for PRS in 6.5 creedmore. thanks for your time and attention.

I used to shoot prime 130s, this was before the company switched suppliers, it was very consistent and for the money was relatively affordable. I haven't shot any of the new stuff personally, but I've heard very good things. Another plus is their customer service is second to none.

Hornady 140 or 147 ELD-Ms will do the job. Try them and see how they work in your rifle.

Reactions: acudaowner
Hornady 140 gr ELDM. Easy button. I’ve placed well in matches using this ammo

Each guns different.

Mine likes Berger 130 and 140 eld second best.

It does not like Berger 140 or prime 130 at all. Just tried a case of prime for the first time and it’s about 2 moa in my rifle.

Don’t let that stop you from trying it though. Yours might love it.

Reactions: _Raining
I’ve also shot some 153 a-tips from copper creek ammo and the shot great, one thing I like though about the 140-147 eld is I can get it pretty much anywhere, and the local ranch store in my town sells the 147’s for $26 a box where most places are around $30-$32 Ive even seen it as high as $40 per box

try all that you can 130's prime is nice 140's berger or hornady 142's smks
https://www.primeammo.com/ammunition/6-5-creedmoor.html
best i have found so far price on the 140's
I don't see the bergers in bullets so you would have to load your own though that may change soon as there web page said .
https://bergerbullets.com/products/ammunition/ and the same for the smk's you would have to load your own . not a bad thing unless you want it already done from the factory . what ever weight you choose or bullet you decide on good luck .

I’ve never shot the American gunner 140’s only the eld match, and the 140’s are usually more than the 147’s

I've been using the 140eld factory loads. The velocities have been pretty consistent and accuracy is very good.

the Hornady American Gunner shoot great, they have a low sd for off the shelf bulk ammo, seems like it was 13 on my Christisen MPR

Hornady match 147 eldm works for me. But, I would like to try out the Berger loaded ammunition.

I would try out different ammo and see what works best. I bought some Hornady 140 match, FGMB and Sig 140 OTM. I was not expecting much from the Sig but it shot the best in my rifle (.59 10 shot group and .47/.73 5 shot groups) so I ordered 400 more rounds. I have yet to shoot the new batch so I don't know how good their lot to lot consistency is and I did not use a chrono the first time so IDK how good the SD's are but the point is, try some stuff and see how it works.