• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Recommended rings / base for CZ 455 Varmint

jebeckjr

Private
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2017
Hi everyone,

I have a CZ 455 that I've been sitting on and not used. I just acquired an Athlon Helos 6-24 x50 scope from the PX on here and figured why not put the 2 together, just to go out and hit the rifle range (when it opens again).

In looking at the rifle, it looks like it has a low "rail", but is not tapped for any other scope base. Do I just need to order the 11mm rings for the existing base? Is there something else I should consider using? And does anyone know if that Athlon scope would require the "medium" or "high" rings?

I appreciate any help (and specific recommendations if you have them). I did search, but didn't find anything on this setup.

Thanks everyone,

John

IMG_7717.JPG

Thanks for your help! By that picture, the low should work with a 50mm, also, it seems. I really appreciate the recommendations. This helps me greatly.

Reactions: PAYDIRT
I have a 15moa Area419 rail and use weaver 6-hole medium rings for my Mueller target dot. 44mm bell

Reactions: jebeckjr
Dip Base 20 moa and Burris ZEE SIG. and a set of inserts for the rings.
Mark

Went the other way with Warne med dovetail rings. Budget is tight and I am only shooting at 50 yards until the ranges open.
E7C52E00-BEB4-4B32-B2B7-9ED5F83D23F6.jpeg

I'm running a DIP rail and Vortex precision match rings 0.87" height on my 457 MTR. I'm running an Athlon midas tac 4-16x44 though.

Triggers by scar shipped fast and at a good price. Worth checking out.

Area 419 15moa rail on my 455 American varmint stock with low vortex rings fits my pstII 5-25 easily. Ive also had a 44mm scope on it. In both cases the stock was the limiting factor, not the rings. Ive needed a badger cheek rest on mine to maintain the needed stock height. (If anyone has a 30moa A419 rail Id love to trade!)