• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Recommended torque fro AI AE MK II action screws.

Vin

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 4, 2004
Tried a search and came up blank. Thanks for the help.

Re: Recommended torque fro AI AE MK II action screws.

Give Mile High a call.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GMZ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Give Mile High a call. </div></div>

I would have called Wolverine Supplies as I am up in Canada but it doesn't do me much good on a weekend at this time. I just thought someone here would know what it is without having to wait till Monday. It is not listed anywhere in the manual that came with the rifle.

Graham, thx for the response.

The torque spec I was given by AI was 10 newton meters (88.5 in lbs).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AWP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The torque spec I was given by AI was 10 newton meters (88.5 in lbs).</div></div>

This is correct (AI rounds it up to 89 in/lbs though).

I took the side panels off the rifle and looking at the rifle there appears to be three screws holding the action to the chassis. The larger screws are forward of the trigger and a smaller screw behind the trigger. For those that have and AI AE MK II and have done this yourself when confirming the correct torque do you check all three screws. Just want to make sure. Thanks again.

Torque.jpg

Cheers,

AvsFan
cool.gif

p.s. Newton Meter to Inch Pound calculator

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AvsFan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Torque.jpg

Cheers,

AvsFan
cool.gif

p.s. Newton Meter to Inch Pound calculator </div></div>

Tom Irwin posted a correction to this stating the AE action retaining screws are to be 10nm