• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Red dot mount for a Glock?

Vitorum

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 26, 2010
TN
Hey guys what's up. I stumbled across this mount a while back and saved the image but I'm not sure who makes the mount. Any ideas?

Untitled.png

Re: Red dot mount for a Glock?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Adam B</div><div class="ubbcode-body">this is a better one

http://www.bb-enterprise.biz/ </div></div>

Is there a specific reason why its better?

What's with the angled little plate on the front of the mount for?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Vitorum</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's with the angled little plate on the front of the mount for?
</div></div>

Keeps the blast, and all of the shit associated with it, off of the lens of your optic. Doesn't work that well, but it's better than nothing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Saito</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Vitorum</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's with the angled little plate on the front of the mount for?
</div></div>

Keeps the blast, and all of the shit associated with it, off of the lens of your optic. Doesn't work that well, but it's better than nothing. </div></div>

Hu interesting

I am not sure I dig putting a mounting screw into polymer. Thoughts?

Looks like a replacement pin, not a screw.

Looks better when you have the slide milled to mount the red dot.

IMG_0999.jpg

^^^Agreed. Only way I would do it.

I like the ones where they mill it to co-witness with suppressor sights those look tight!

I prefer milled as well. Never hurts to have back up sights in place in the event the RDS takes a shit or the dot washes out on you.
G22s.jpg

That looks interesting. I always assumed I would have to give up the rear sight to get the red dot on there.

How easy is it to remove and re-attach? Do you have some detail pics of the work done to the slide?

I was considering a carver STS mount, as I can remove it in a matter of minutes. But this looks appealing as well.

There are two screws that hold the RMR to the slide so it's simple to remove and replace the battery.

IMG_1829.jpg

L&M Precision did the machining and I have no complaints.

IMG_1827.jpg

IMG_1830.jpg

IMG_1831.jpg

Looks like it's got just enough room to eject a case. I understand that the slide moves rearward and gives it more room. Will that sight mount allow it to eject a live round from the chamber?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phylodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> ... </div></div>
Sweet! I might have to reconsider my options. This will also allow me to use regular holsters, while still being able to switch to irons quickly.

Slide mounted dot is the only way to go these days, frame mounted dot were 15 years ago tech.

Mark @ L&M Precision did my Glock as well. Mines a gamer gun so I opted to go with no BUIS. The Deltapoint is bright enough that I can easily see the not with the sun in my face with snow on the ground. No complaints.

okJo1.jpg

apSan.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phylodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...</div></div>
After trying a slide mounted sight of a fellow shooter, I have ordered an RMR (RM02), and contacted my gunsmith to mill it in the slide.
Can't wait until it comes together
smile.gif

I just ordered a RMR (RM05) to put on my new FNX-45 Tactical. The slide is already tapped and designed for use with an RMR. All you do is remove the cover and mount the RMR. Easy peezy.

fnp-45-tactical.png

Mine is black, though, not FDE.