• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Red Jacket Lead Time

Re: Red Jacket Lead Time

I noticed you sent your last post at 2:05 in the afternoon. If you have time to do this during the day, obviously you don't have a serious job. No, Airsoft gunsmith does not count.

Does Jugdish watch the register while you clean the Slurpee machine?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rjprice</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I noticed you sent your last post at 2:05 in the afternoon. If you have time to do this during the day, obviously you don't have a serious job. No, Airsoft gunsmith does not count.

Does Jugdish watch the register while you clean the Slurpee machine? </div></div>
I am an Author remember? Guess not. I do admit my Airsoft gunsmith skills are top notch best in the world. I can duracoat it for you in any color, Stipple the grips, work over the plastic triggers and stamp my name on it with a crayon. The rifles in the pictures are all airsoft clones, I am not even old enough to own a real gun. On a serious note I have had people bring in rifles with stamps not even half as bad as what you posted asking to remove it before paint. I know my way around guns. I work on everything and know that there are people out there with skills beyond my own. I also know full time gunsmiths with less knowledge than I. I am always learning but in that learning I am always finding how much more I like working on guns than anything else. Always wondered how a cheap crappy looking AK can be worth $1200 with a child like stamp on it when you can buy something of true quality if you simply opened your eyes to the better gunsmiths out there. Why don't you start a thread asking if Red Jacket is a gunsmith worth going to or a TV show worth laughing at? Take care man, sorry you got so saddened by this whole kidding around, one day you might come around.

Speaking of "top notch" gunsmithing. Did you see the latest episode.

The latest "big deal" was an AK-74 parts gun Duracoat'ed (Sherwin Williams Paint) white, bolt on a plastic stock, hey that actually is collapsible, now isnt that radically cool, a plastic grip and forearm; and you have the new game changer that’s going to "fly off the shelf" as soon as it hits their website... Chick’s will dig it.

What an incredible display of gunsmithing prowess and marketing genius!! I'm such a dumb ass looser. I just can’t compete with that level of skill and ingenuity, I should probably consider just selling all my tools and equipment and hanging it up.

I guess if that’s what "flies off the shelf’s" I should just go take a crap in the yard, paint it white, stick a couple of twigs in it and post it on the website. Chick's will dig it and it will fly off the shelf"

I’ve been putting way too much time and effort into stuff, I feel so stupid now.

480_Bravo18_AKM_Afghan_Inferno_3.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rjprice</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I noticed you sent your last post at 2:05 in the afternoon.</div></div>

You have keen observation skills....
........too bad you cant see poor workmanship and admit it.
(Biased opinion becasue you paid for it?)

If you are a fan of the AK hacks then good for you but most people look at them and laugh. The same way people that defend them get laughed at.

Now, back to the arts.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RedCreek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
480_Bravo18_AKM_Afghan_Inferno_3.jpg
</div></div>
Why didn't you take a hammer and punch and write Red Creek into the side. Those skulls should have been written on there with a marker then clear coated. Looking at your web site I would agree that you have some seriously sweet looking rifles on there.

I have a friend who started a company in his garage doing stamps for scrapbooking and now he and his wife are making $250 million per year, so I missed that one too.

Now to add insult to injury, I missed the boat on marketing white AK-74's to dumb chick’s... son-of-a bitch!! (hey, that could be a good name for my tv show...)

Perhaps I should get one of those super realistic latex masks, the one that call the “Inbred”, get some of those hillbilly teeth, make some really hacked up, welded up, Buck Rogers bull shit, perhaps a Glock with flame thrower attachment with a gyro stabilized mount for a big wheel (I think your kids would love that one strangedays, could be a real game changer in the neighborhood) invite the TV producers to come by and tell them "hell, I have no problem in making everyone in the gun industry look like an assclown" Then maybe I could be famous too, sell crap for top dollar, take sleeping pills so I can then sleep at night without my conscience waking me up and call it good... It could work… I’m just saying…

Thanks for the kind critique of my work.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike308bell</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who didnt see this coming?

Red Jacket is DONE !!!

No FFL & people going out on their own, court battles......

http://gunnuts.net/2011/12/23/sons-of-guns-loses-ffl/

http://www.courthousenews.com/2011/08/18/Bum.pdf

</div></div>

I read the first link as lost FFL and continued business under new FFL.

I didn't read the whole court thing- do you have a slightly more detailed synopsis?

Vince is gone & started his own company. Joe is taking Will to court for selling off the assets that he is 10% owner of.

This was posted by Vince on another site,
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Will and Stephanie Hayden were forced to surrender their FFL due to missing firearms. we formed the company Red Jacket Firearms LLC in may of 2010 and received our new FFL on Nov first 2010. The LLC and license is a matter of public record. Joe, Charlie and myself were the only controlling members of the LLC with Will and Stephanie federally prohibited fro having a firearms deal or manufacture license of any kind. I was an owner in RJF until september 15 of this year when I chose to leave because I just wanted to move on. a big eff you to the whole business besides flemming...hes cool
</div></div>

I like the episode with the 1,000 yard AK "sniper rifle" that had a BSA or Barska optic and they kept on saying how good the optic was on that rifle.

I also liked the episode where they were having such a hard time finding ammo for 6.5 Arisaka rifle...it's called the internet fool. I know Grafs sells that ammo all day long, but in the episode they acted as if ammo was impossible to locate.

Not to mention that Joe dude's gay looking facial designs. Guess it's suppose to make him look cool or something.

On a serious note...I contacted Wil a few years ago when I was getting ready to SBS my Saiga 12...when I spoke to him on the phone, I couldn't understand a word he was saying to me. I figured if I couldn't understand my gunsmith, I wasn't going to be sending him my money. Short story, I went with Tony Rumore at Tromix and couldn't be happier with the build.

I'll watch Son's way before I ever watch American Guns. Want to talk about a dumbass family. I went there to look for a certain rifle. When I got there I was greeted by the "Cupcake". She couldn't help me, so I was turned over to her brother. He couldn't run the computer, so I was turned over to yet another person.What teenager in America can't understand how to use Google? I was there for an hour and a half. During that time I witnessed 4 others go up to the "Cupcake" and each time she had to go find someone else to help her. One of the requests was for a box of .22LR. So after my wait, the 3rd person said the couldn't find it and took my name and number. After 2 days the son calls me and states "we can't get you the rifle you want, but we can get something similar." Was I in a gun store or a used car shop?? Total idiots.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skid</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll watch Son's way before I ever watch American Guns. Want to talk about a dumbass family. I went there to look for a certain rifle. When I got there I was greeted by the "Cupcake". She couldn't help me, so I was turned over to her brother. He couldn't run the computer, so I was turned over to yet another person.What teenager in America can't understand how to use Google? I was there for an hour and a half. During that time I witnessed 4 others go up to the "Cupcake" and each time she had to go find someone else to help her. One of the requests was for a box of .22LR. So after my wait, the 3rd person said the couldn't find it and took my name and number. After 2 days the son calls me and states "we can't get you the rifle you want, but we can get something similar." Was I in a gun store or a used car shop?? Total idiots. </div></div>

I am not a fan of either show but AG is a LOT easier to watch over SOG. The eye candy and at least some of the people on AG do real gunsmithing.

The difference between the two (IMHO) AG caters to and target customer is the one with deep pockets that has a surface knowledge of firearms BUT bites on unique items. The Ollie North signed AR15 is an example. 12 grand for an SP1 AR? Yea, right.
Collectible but over priced items.

SOG target audience is likely stroke victims or those that believe that big time wrestling is real.They really perform like a high school shop class at best and look like clowns.

I am not a regular viewer of either show but I have watched at least 2 episodes of both. One can be tolerated and the other stimulates the gag reflex.

Merry Xmas to all~

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">just got this lil GAME CHANGER in the mail, it's a semi auto 100 rounds a minute paper puncher. I was most impressed with their engraving skills

stapler-3.jpg
</div></div>

I had to buy a new keyboard after seeing this.
Never drink coffee while reading a forum.
That was too much.
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skid</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll watch Son's way before I ever watch American Guns. Want to talk about a dumb ass family. I went there to look for a certain rifle. When I got there I was greeted by the "Cupcake". She couldn't help me, so I was turned over to her brother. He couldn't run the computer, so I was turned over to yet another person.What teenager in America can't understand how to use Google? I was there for an hour and a half. During that time I witnessed 4 others go up to the "Cupcake" and each time she had to go find someone else to help her. One of the requests was for a box of .22LR. So after my wait, the 3rd person said the couldn't find it and took my name and number. After 2 days the son calls me and states "we can't get you the rifle you want, but we can get something similar." Was I in a gun store or a used car shop?? Total idiots.</div></div>

It's a good thing you didn't go into Red Jacket then or you would probably be led into the back while they were whistling Dueling Banjo's.

As a gunsmith and a gun owner I think RedJacket is a insult to us all.The show casts a negative light on the gun community and puts money in their pockets while eroding your freedoms.Instead of dreaming of bending the sales girl over the counter you should be protesting the show and insist on a show that was not dreamed up by the dems.Someone mentioned how much time and skill goes into building a gun.A gunsmith needs the skills of a watch maker and the artistic touch of Van Gogh and some how sell it at a price your willing to pay for.I would rather have my children aspire to become gunsmiths than the seltzer joy buzzer clowns on RedJacket.

I did watch it the other night. I like the test they did on the heat of the gas tube. Initial test was of 300 rounds, and after their magic of copper tubing they only fired 30 rounds. Nice accurate comparison there.