• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

W54/XM-388

Online Training Member
Minuteman
Supporter+
  • Oct 1, 2005
    Dallas, TX
    I went and saw RED last night, it was a really enjoyable movie.
    The story plot was nothing great, but it looked like everyone involved just had way too much fun making it.

Bruce Willis gets to have fun playing the older more creaky guy that can still kick rear end.

Morgan Freeman gets to play an old guy who still enjoys a nice view and is not really afraid of much.

John Malkovich has a great time I think playing a conspiracy theory nut who actually has government people out to get him

Helen Mirren is perfect in her role, she looks fantastic wearing a white ball gown while shooting various machine guns, and apparently she quite liked it judging from this comment she made as reported by Fox News:

"But for Mirren, the filming experience seems to have brought about a new-found form of relaxation.

“I've always been rather fascinated by target shooting and I've always thought, ‘I wonder if I would be any good with a real gun?’ There's something very Zen about shooting, target shooting, because you've got to be incredibly concentrated and at the same time utterly relaxed, and that's quite a difficult combination to achieve,” she told us. “So I've always been quite fascinated and thought that maybe I'd kind of take it up. But only target, I mean literally target practice.""

Re: RED

Wife and I saw it last night and loved it. Full of fun one-liners. Nice to have a movie trailer portray what you'll see in the movie.

Helen Mirren is fantastic in her role, overall good entertainment.

The wife and I saw it a few days ago. We loved it, and will see it again when it comes out on DVD.

JeffVN

In the scene where malkovich said "I remember the secret service being tuffer", My budy said that line was probably a throwback to:

2zrzziq.jpg

Wife and I saw it Saturday evening. We went into it with low expectations due to a few online reviews bashing it. By the end, we both agreed that it was a great blend of campy humor and action that was entertaining. This was the first movie in a long line of flicks where we thought we didn't get cheated paying for evening tickets rather than a matinee.

Celia and I caught this last night with the final showing of a 3-week run at The Glen Theater.

Loved it, will get the DVD when it's available.

Also, wouldn't mind seeing some more pretty much just like it.

Greg

It was ok. I would rate it very high on comedy-action films list.

It was a good chuckle. I thought it had a good balance for the tongue-in-cheek comedy action genre.

Kinda like "The Expendables," only with real actors.

Lots of fun.

Helen Mirren looked like she had actually shot MP-5s before. Looked great. But I've been in love with her since O Lucky Man.

I loved the cast, but the story was a bit bleh. Still, you can't beat some of the gun scenes. I really get a kick of how Hollywood portrays the CIA as these Rhodes-scholars-turned-door-kickers though. Now that IS fiction.

Enjoyed the movie. Scene where they went after willis the first time had me laughing out loud. 6 guys dumping 249's into the front of his house was great.

The movie was better than I thought it would be. Not too much of a story but they blow a lot of shit up and that is always good. I would give it a B-

When John Malkoviks character shower up, I said holy shit thats Jerry my shooting buddy.Paranid and all.Kind of scary now.

Love the scene where Helen Mirren is manning the M2 50 cal. machine gun.

I'd qualify it as a sleeper. The characters were just enough different from the typical action/adventure drones to add some spice. It definitely is a fun flick.

saw it a few weeks ago and i thought it was funny as hell, I hope to see it again in a few days with the wife..

Loved where Malkovic's standing there looking dejected, holding the pink pig by the tail. I almost pissed myself.

Liked the part when Malkovic turns and grabs the woman coming out of the airport saying she is following them and the others don't believe him then later she turns up with the RPG and called him old and sets him off. Classic! I may add this one to my DVD collection

I'm so tired of Hollywood and all the pompous actors like Sean Penn, Charlie Sheen, and especially Bill Marr

Just caught it the other day, good flick. My wife has been telling me for a while to watch it, I should have listened to her.