• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Redding Competition Bushing Neck Sizing Die Questions

prcomte

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 14, 2017
How far down will the die size the neck to the neck/shoulder junction?

I'm not trying to answer your question here, but that die is the biggest waste of money in this game. Smart money and foolish money, it does nothing a type S can't do.

I'm not trying to answer your question here, but that die is the biggest waste of money in this game. Smart money and foolish money, it does nothing a type S can't do.
I would agree. I use only a full length bushing dies for all my rifle reloading. Ray

Another post agreeing with wasting money on that die - the "competition" part is absolutely not needed.

As to your question, it's been answered and my experience mirrors that. Just a little short of the junction. The area of the neck that doesn't get sized in this process can sometimes get what I've heard referred to as donuts - but I've been lucky and haven't experienced them myself, so I'm not sure what standard procedure is to get rid of them. Perhaps just a standard full length sizing die?

Another post agreeing with wasting money on that die - the "competition" part is absolutely not needed.

As to your question, it's been answered and my experience mirrors that. Just a little short of the junction. The area of the neck that doesn't get sized in this process can sometimes get what I've heard referred to as donuts - but I've been lucky and haven't experienced them myself, so I'm not sure what standard procedure is to get rid of them. Perhaps just a standard full length sizing die?

I've not done it but I've read of people that turned the necks and used a reamer on the donut.

I bought the type s die and a 6 creedmoor body die. I'm slowly changing over my dies from 6.5 to 6. I really like the forester seaters, so I'm going to try to use a 6xc seater for my creed It should. its just a seating die. If it doesn't work.. Ill sell it. Thanks for all the input fellas.