• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Redding Competition Bushing Neck Sizing Die Questions

prcomte

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 14, 2017
How far down will the die size the neck to the neck/shoulder junction?

I'm not trying to answer your question here, but that die is the biggest waste of money in this game. Smart money and foolish money, it does nothing a type S can't do.

I'm not trying to answer your question here, but that die is the biggest waste of money in this game. Smart money and foolish money, it does nothing a type S can't do.
I would agree. I use only a full length bushing dies for all my rifle reloading. Ray

Another post agreeing with wasting money on that die - the "competition" part is absolutely not needed.

As to your question, it's been answered and my experience mirrors that. Just a little short of the junction. The area of the neck that doesn't get sized in this process can sometimes get what I've heard referred to as donuts - but I've been lucky and haven't experienced them myself, so I'm not sure what standard procedure is to get rid of them. Perhaps just a standard full length sizing die?

Another post agreeing with wasting money on that die - the "competition" part is absolutely not needed.

As to your question, it's been answered and my experience mirrors that. Just a little short of the junction. The area of the neck that doesn't get sized in this process can sometimes get what I've heard referred to as donuts - but I've been lucky and haven't experienced them myself, so I'm not sure what standard procedure is to get rid of them. Perhaps just a standard full length sizing die?

I've not done it but I've read of people that turned the necks and used a reamer on the donut.

I bought the type s die and a 6 creedmoor body die. I'm slowly changing over my dies from 6.5 to 6. I really like the forester seaters, so I'm going to try to use a 6xc seater for my creed It should. its just a seating die. If it doesn't work.. Ill sell it. Thanks for all the input fellas.