• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

redi-mag system

Re: redi-mag system

I have one on my AR. Its great for a grab and go set-up since you have 2 mags ready soon as you pick up the rifle. It doesn't add a noticable amount of weight to the rifle.

Once you shoot through the rounds in both mags you run the rifle just like normal. It doesn't change any operation on the rifle. But the buttons do take a bit of training on to be quick.

You can not use a Cmag once its mounted, and probably can't use the new Surefire 60-100rd mags either if there is a mag in the Redimag. It its empty, then no worries.

Cut

I use both USGI mags and Pmags. So yes they do, I haven't had any issues with either style mag.

Cut

I also run a redi mag on my M4 with PMAGS, I have never had any issues. It makes the rifle heavier but you will be able to conduct a reload faster than out of a pouch. If weight is an issue at certain times (maybe a long hike) then all you have to do is remove the second magazine and you immediately lighten the rifle. I installed a B.A.D. lever on mine as the bolt release is some what obstructed by the redi mag system. All in all it was worth the money for what I use my rifle for.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Katahdin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I also run a redi mag on my M4 with PMAGS, I have never had any issues. It makes the rifle heavier but you will be able to conduct a reload faster than out of a pouch. If weight is an issue at certain times (maybe a long hike) then all you have to do is remove the second magazine and you immediately lighten the rifle. I installed a B.A.D. lever on mine as the bolt release is some what obstructed by the redi mag system. All in all it was worth the money for what I use my rifle for. </div></div>

+1

on my airsoft rifles. . . just yankin your chain!
i ran one out in iraq on my MK18, it does take a little getting used to but if you're willing to devote the time into training yourself it'll be worth its weight in gold. i personally would just get a surefire 60 rounder so you dont need to reload and already have the extra 30 rounds in the mag for the initial volley. YMMV though

The redi-mag is awesome. I run a redi mag and a rail mag on my Colt m4. Make the weapon a tad heavy but is lightens as you put rounds down range.

It's worth it. It definitely makes the rifle a little more heavy and you have to have the repetition in to get used to mag changing. I dremeled some of unecessary metal out of the way. PM me for pic if you want.

My buddy carried one of these during the Battle for Mosul in Iraq. He found it recently in a box of stuff while cleaning out the garage. Since he doesn't have a rifle anymore, just a Vertec I sold him, he gave it to me. It was a little beat up and rusty, and I thought it was missing a part, so I sent it back into the manufacturer. They said it was okay, no missing parts, but they did change out springs and clean it up and get it working well.

I just got it back and I'm gonna put it on a .50 Beowulf. It only uses regular mags but they also only hold 11 rounds, so I figure it would be an asset on this beast.

Anyway, I think he got it used from the unit that was there before them, so it did at least three years in Iraq and who knows how long it was used training CONUS before deployment. Either way, it is about 10 years old now, three years in Iraq, and the company that made it says it is still fine. So not a bad product I guess. I'll see for myself soon enough.

Another interesting thing to mention is that when I was talking to them, they said they have a new one that is aluminum and weighs less. I bet that is nice. Problem is that it is $120 and I'm not so sure I'm gonna be that big of a fan.

Adds considerable weight, but allows for quicker reloads.

Tagged for conclusion.
smile.gif