• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Reflex sight options for M1a Scout

Heretoimproveforhunting

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Sep 10, 2008
North TX
Picked up an M1a scout recently. Like the iron sites, but am pondering the addition of a non-magnified red-dot type optic. Would prefer something that co-witnesses with iron sights off of the barrel's rail mount (if there is such a product that does) and that is compact in size. I was curious about trying to run one of the trijicon RMRs on it if they'll cowitness with the irons. Has anyone run an RMR with much success on one of these? Not really interested in a traditional mount/magnified setup for this rig if I can avoid it.

Thoughts?

Re: Reflex sight options for M1a Scout

From what I've seen, you need an Ultimak M8 rail and Aimpoint Micro to cowitness.

Any ulitmak users have one on a scout with the synthetic stock? Was reading that some mod may be needed for it to fit. Reading up on the ulti sounds good but was wondering if filing and sanding is needed to fit.
Thanks..
Ref OP, I have the H1 mounted standard an its slightly higher than front sight which of course is no go on cowitness.

Co-wittness is pretty hard to achieve on an M1A. Those guns were designed for irons and therefore pretty difficult to put any sort of optic on without needing a cheek riser. I have heard it is possible to co-wittness with a T-1 on the ultimak rail but I cannot confirm that as I have never seen it, just heard about it. Also, if you have the factory synthetic stock, Id ditch that first in favor of anything else. They're junk and your better off with a USGI walnut or fiberglass stock or something like a Sage EBR. Id buy a different stock for it before a rail. My .02
Travis

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TacticalDuc</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Also, if you have the factory synthetic stock, Id ditch that first in favor of anything else. They're junk and your better off with a USGI walnut or fiberglass stock or something like a Sage EBR. Id buy a different stock for it before a rail. My .02
Travis </div></div>

I actually picked up a used one that had already been swapped into a GI stock. Assuming that you can't cowitness, does anyone run one of these with an RMR? Any one have pics of their scout set-ups?