• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Relatively Inexpensive Shooting mat @ MidwayUSA

Re: Relatively Inexpensive Shooting mat @ MidwayUSA

I use one of those. I wouldn't want to have to pack it up and move anywhere in a hurry but it gets the job done and it's the right price.

anyone have any pics of it laid flat out, the site only shows it rolled up

Midway mat in use
Picture002-1.jpg

MyPics013.jpg

The a decent mat at a good price. Have had mine for 3 years now and I use it a lot. You really can't go wrong.

CM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Center Mass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Midway mat in use
Picture002-1.jpg

MyPics013.jpg

The a decent mat at a good price. Have had mine for 3 years now and I use it a lot. You really can't go wrong.

CM
</div></div>

What range is that?

The first pic is from a day at Reade Range with some friends and the second is from a weekend at CVT.

CM

Center Mass- It looks like we both need a pickup, and maybe soon, a trailer, to haul all our shit to the range. Currently, I am fortunate that the place I am renting while working away from home literally has a 350-400 yard range out the back door...so if I forget something...I only have to walk a few steps to pick it up. Nice pictures! Is that an old carpet pad on top of a poly tarp below the shooting mat?

Does it have any padding in the front portion?

Re: Relatively Inexpensive Shooting mat @ MidwayUS

No padding in the very front "flap". The pic with rifles horizontal show s the one in front with the flap out. The one in back has it folded under, I think.

My mat has worked well, it was able to keep South Dakota cactus' from impaling my elbows,knees, and underbelly. DO NOT LEAVE THE BLACK PART EXPOSED TO DIRECT SUNLIGHT and then hop right on it as it can get hotter than hell.

Re: Relatively Inexpensive Shooting mat @ MidwayUS

I ordered one last spring when they were on sale. Liked it enough to buy a second one last fall. Really good value I think.

You truly get what you pay for and that thing looks ultra-thin.

Heck, even looks like comfort became an issue in the last pic. I detect some blankets/mats underneath there.

I think it would be an absolutely great mat to use as long as comfort doesn't become an issue. I'll stick with my Voodoo; I'm an fat old guy so I need to be comfortable.

yea it doeant look to bad, hows the padding and is there a place to stake it down for when it gets really windy

Got mine on sale, not bad for $25, you can stake the front down, a piece of carpet goes well with it.

The thickness isn't really that bad, the biggest problem is the width.

Still, I have one as a secondary and they are well worth the money.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dibbs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Center Mass- It looks like we both need a pickup, and maybe soon, a trailer, to haul all our shit to the range. Currently, I am fortunate that the place I am renting while working away from home literally has a 350-400 yard range out the back door...so if I forget something...I only have to walk a few steps to pick it up. Nice pictures! Is that an old carpet pad on top of a poly tarp below the shooting mat?</div></div>
Naw, half that stuff is Vern's. My kit is along the left side. Just my drag bag to transport rifle, pack that I use in comps, and an overfilled can of ammo for the three days of shooting
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hide or Die</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You truly get what you pay for and that thing looks ultra-thin.

Heck, even looks like comfort became an issue in the last pic. I detect some blankets/mats underneath there.
</div></div>
This is not the case. The mat is fine as long as you don't need ultra comfort. I have used it on concrete and gravel...no problem. As mentioned above, it is a little narrow though. In the pic, Vern from CVT always has those blankets down in case someone doesn't have a mat to lay on. With the blankets and the mat, that deck was very soft and I could have taken a nap easy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Halfnutz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
My mat has worked well, it was able to keep South Dakota cactus' from impaling my elbows,knees, and underbelly. DO NOT LEAVE THE BLACK PART EXPOSED TO DIRECT SUNLIGHT and then hop right on it as it can get hotter than hell.</div></div>
This is VERY sound advise, that shit gets HOT!!! I either fold it in half or lay my sweat towel over it till I'm ready to shoot.

CM

Just got mine the other day. It seems nice for the price. have not taken it out yet. It is to narrow, as many have stated.

my dad got me that one last year used all season no complaints
and looks like its pretty reasonable on the price end

just placed my order for one since the sale expires the end of the month

just ordered it early in the morning and it will be here thursday. ive been hearing really good things about it and its not that expensive so i had to get one

I will be placing my order in a few days for this mat. Its a good deal.

I just placed my order today. I think that I'm getting soft and becoming less tolerant of the hard wet ground when shooting.

i think its the price and the stability that grabbed my attention

sorry to hi-jack but what are the details on the rifle with the uso pictured above?

I recently bought one. Used it last weekend. It was very comfortable.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lythropus</div><div class="ubbcode-body">sorry to hi-jack but what are the details on the rifle with the uso pictured above?</div></div>
Trued Remington Action w/ pinned Badger lug
20" Rock Creek M24 contour .308 1/11.25
Manners T2A
Badger M5
USO SN-3 3.2-17 mil/mil Gap ret.
laugh.gif

CM

I really should have bought that instead of a drag bag to double as a case and mat. Live and learn.

just recieved my mat today which was delivered a day early wow thats amazing company and an amzing and well put together mat as well, they will be getting more of my business

Hoping it will stop all the thorns we have around South Texas.Just got done ordering one and used a $10 off code coupon so I the final price was $14.99. To bad the box of boolits I had to order to make the $50 minimum cost $15 for shipping.
sick.gif

Thanks for the heads up. I was looking for an inexpensive mat. Mine is on it's way.

Got mine the other day and it looks like a very good for the money mat!

I've got one and it's a lot better than laying in the weeds.

i wish i would have known about the discount but o well for 25 bucks its still better than 60 or more