• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Reload vs. Factory

srt_1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 8, 2008
Steubenville, OH
So I picked up a Hart Custom 6.5 Creedmoor. Before I go and spend more money on reloading equipment, does anyone have any suggestions or opinions on the Berger Match 140gr, Federal GMM 130gr or Hornady Match 140 or 147gr? I'm thinking I should get a box of each and see what the rifle likes best. just looking to see what grain bullet is best for steel shoots. Mainly 1000 yards and in.

IMG_2815.jpeg

Rifle looks badass! Cudos! Just try about 5-10 different weights and velocities. You may find several that shoot well.

I dont load for my AR15 because I have at least 3x factory ammos that shoot 3/4 MOA. Plus I get plinking ammo for $0.10/rnd.

Reactions: srt_1
Rifle looks badass! Cudos! Just try about 5-10 different weights and velocities. You may find several that shoot well.

I dont load for my AR15 because I have at least 3x factory ammos that shoot 3/4 MOA. Plus I get plinking ammo for $0.10/rnd.

That is my plan. I ordered Berger 140gr hybrid - federal Gold Medal 130gr - Nosler RDF 140gr and Hornady match eld 140 and 147. So it should be a good day at the range testing each round.