• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Reloading Help

ryznstr15

Private
Minuteman
Jun 2, 2009
Nevada
Evening all, I just got home from the range and was hoping to get some round I made over the crono. However I found that all of the rounds I made would not chamber or would be really hard to close the bolt on? The rounds are for my Remington 700 .308.

168 Sierra Match King
Federal Brass @ 2.017"
43.00 Grains Varget
OAL 2.80"

The Accurate manual I have says the OAL should be 2.810" and the case length should be 2.015"

Re: Reloading Help

How did you resize your brass? Push enough of shoulder back?

I neck size brass that was shot out of my rifle. Any other brass I full length size. What is the best way full length size or neck. I was told to only neck size so then I would not have to trim brass as much.?

If you get to many firings on neck sized only brass without bumping the shoulder back you could run into trouble chambering rounds. Check the directions in the die set you are running as far as setup. Other wise maybe a body die and head space guages will help. I'm no wizard but I think you need to do some measuring to find out what your rifle needs.