• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Reloading Lapua Palma Brass

Egonzalez3

Private
Minuteman
Mar 29, 2020
New to reloading.
Shot some virgin lapua palma brass with 168 grain in a HK MR762. I was expecting brass to grow in length - resize with a FL die. However, to my surprise all my brass shrunk .010.

Can anyone assist on how I should prepare my brass?

I actually have no clue what you’re trying to communicate.

So the brass is shorter after firing or after sizing? Do you have any actual measurements?

“Shot some virgin lapua palma brass with 168 grain in a HK MR762. I was expecting brass to grow in length“
I expect brass to shrink when fired. It stretched its diameters out to fill the chamber, that material has to come from somewhere so it gets pulled back down a bit.

“resize with a FL die. However, to my surprise all my brass shrunk .010.”
But then you said this and I don’t follow. Are you just stating things out of sequence or am I missing something? Did you then resize the shirt brass? Or did it come out shorter after the sizing and you just didn’t write it that way for some r

“If the brass has not increased in size but rather decreased by .010 why would I follow the norm if that includes FL sizing.”
I highly doubt your brass didn’t increase in size. Maybe one parameter didn’t grow but that case grew. In any case no one can tell you anything so me we have no information to work with.

Shrunk in OAL
shrunk where in the process?

Give some details and don’t pull a Kevin.