• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rem 40x

Surgeon308

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 9, 2006
Boyce,LA
www.myspace.com
I've wanted one of these for a while and the opportunity presented itself for a barreled action (no bolt) a month or so ago. My question is, should the bolt shroud be turned another revolution or so? My dad ordered 3 of these and all of them looked identical to this one. The bolt functions, but without triggers we have no way to test them. TIA.

101_0211.jpg

Another view.
101_0210.jpg

I need a few more parts and then I'll have to find a 40x mechanic and painter.

FYI, this one has the straight taper barrel, but a month or so ago, CMP had the USMC "varmint" barreled actions in stock (no bolt).

Re: Rem 40x

Yes you need another turn on the firing pin assembly!

You have the 40-XB(700 based receiver) with a heavy barrel which should have a muzzle diameter of roughly .9". The USMC barreled receivers are built on the 40-X(722 type) action and have a standard weight barrel that will measure .750" at the muzzle.

Did you get that bolt from Kiff with a Remington knob?

Re: Rem 40x

Yeah, it's Kiff's. I think he's got 3 different styles. I liked the tactical knob, but it wasn't swept back like the Remmy style. I've got this HB and my dad has the HB and USMC (he always tries to "one-up" me). I hope this thing is a shooter!

It wouldn't make a true "trainer" but thinking of an HTG Woodland, it just seems fitting for this oldie.