Rem 700 bottom metal

Silverbullet2

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 20, 2009
Near Seattle, Wa.
Guy's,

I will be purchasing some bottom metal soon, and would like some opinions of the ones that are currently on the market. I have a Badger unit, and works great. How about the Seekins, and the Surgeon? Thanks, Jason

jv02

Private
Minuteman
Jan 31, 2013
Bowdon, GA
I know you asked about Surgeon and Seekins, but I had an American Precision Arms Rtg installed on my 700 5r and love it.

thrusty

Patriot
Minuteman
Mar 14, 2012
Hedgesville, WV
I have a Badger M5 bottom metal on my AAC-SD that sits in a McM A5 stock. I think it's a great design and can really take a beating.

The only downside is that you need to plan for what trigger you intend to use. I use a Timney and it required opening things up a bit in the bottom metal to accommodate the large shoe and bolt release.

I've got a Manners stock inbound with the DBM mini-chassis...the chassis is made by Badger and is the same as the M5 bottom metal...I like the Badger bottom metal so much, I bought another.

I feel, however, that with either choice you make, whether it be Badger, Seekins or Surgeon, you will be happy.

khw9mm

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 3, 2010
CA
Have you considered PTG's dbm? Fairly inexpensive and same print as the Badger. Good quality for the price.