• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rem 700 bottom metal

Silverbullet2

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 20, 2009
Near Seattle, Wa.
Guy's,

I will be purchasing some bottom metal soon, and would like some opinions of the ones that are currently on the market. I have a Badger unit, and works great. How about the Seekins, and the Surgeon? Thanks, Jason

I know you asked about Surgeon and Seekins, but I had an American Precision Arms Rtg installed on my 700 5r and love it.

I have a Badger M5 bottom metal on my AAC-SD that sits in a McM A5 stock. I think it's a great design and can really take a beating.

The only downside is that you need to plan for what trigger you intend to use. I use a Timney and it required opening things up a bit in the bottom metal to accommodate the large shoe and bolt release.

I've got a Manners stock inbound with the DBM mini-chassis...the chassis is made by Badger and is the same as the M5 bottom metal...I like the Badger bottom metal so much, I bought another.

I feel, however, that with either choice you make, whether it be Badger, Seekins or Surgeon, you will be happy.

Really like Glens push button system on his dbm, running two of them, they are reliable and well designed

Have you considered PTG's dbm? Fairly inexpensive and same print as the Badger. Good quality for the price.