• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rem 700P query

ASKJesse

Private
Minuteman
Nov 27, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I am building up my precision rifle (purchased secondhand) and, I have read the many posts about 700 barrel stamps, codes & significance which prompted me to research mine. Would I be correct in ASSuming that my 700P was built in April, 1999?
270CEC7E-A882-4FC2-B09D-8EC476E51E9C.jpeg

1634259785568.jpeg
3A8B1EEF-6021-4DF9-A418-A5DEE4FD96C9.jpeg

Reactions: camocorvette
Thank you. I have been saving/starving & piecing it together. All that is left, is the base, a set of rings, ammo & of course, time to utilize it.

Enjoy the crap out of it.

Much more satisfaction..saving and getting what you want rather than settling.

Reactions: SQ54
There are two date codes present, AO and CT. I thought i read somewhere that if two codes are present then first, AO was manufacture date, and the second was when the rifle was sent back to Remington for something.

From my observations (which are likely not that many) the 40 (or ”AO”) would be out of place for a date code. Too close to the barrel shoulder. It makes little difference however, that date would have been March ‘96.