• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Rem short action build.

KeithR41

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Jul 20, 2009
    Oregon
    I picked up another Rem SA ($100 jealous?). Anyway, I've already got a .260 and a .308. What would you guys build with a spare action sitting around?

KeithR41

Re: Rem short action build.

Oops, wrong section. Would someone that knows how move this to the correct section?

Thanks

How about 243? There is some great info on the .243 at 6mmbr. I also picked up a NIB 22-250 SPS VM for $450 and a rebate check from Remington ($450 - 40 = 410 plus tax of course) So I am thinking of having my first rifle build by the GAP (trued the action, Match barrel, recoil lug and paint it myself). I have a 5R 308 and two stevens builds (308 $ 260). Great deal on that action!

Regards, John

I think I've decided to build a .260 hunting rifle for my son.

Keith

Good choice.. If ya find any more $100.00 SA actions, please advise.. J.

Took itin on a trade at the shop I work at. Don't see SA's very often. I can get about 50 30-06's a day though.

Gun for son, excellent idea! As you know, 260 Rem. is the best caliber, ever. Take some pix and post them as you go along.