• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remingto 700 sps tact stock change

CrazySteve

Private
Minuteman
Jan 1, 2012
Northerner
Wanting to take the houge stock off of my Remington700sps tact and put on the same stock as the 700 police any thoughts ? I can use any info thanks

Re: Remingto 700 sps tact stock change

I put a BCS 1000 on it. Drop in piller bedded. Got it from Iron Brigade Armory,and have not seen them offered elsewhere. It's priced higher than the Tactical Medalist and that may be a better choice.

AICS 2.0 all the way, no bedding required, folding butt stock for space and ACCURATE as hell. My SWAT buddy's first comment to me was "I wish we had one of these"... : )

Action= Rem 700 .308 SPS Tactical 20"

This is another vote for the AICS 2.0....

It is an all in one solution.

Yea I think it really depends on your budget. XLR makes a sweet setup. I bought a b&c tactical. It's fully aluminum bedded. Check out stockys stocks. HS makes a great one as well. With a rem700 the options are limitless. Just depends on needs/budget. I'm on a budget due to having so many different firearms and i gotta spread the load. I bought a b&c due to it being a great alternative to the hogue stock for little money. I'll bed it myself and see how well it performs. I've read great things about them.

I just bought the B&C Medalist Tactical stock for $206 at Midway USA.....stock just arrived yesterday & looks awesome! I can't tell any difference in build quality between the B&C stock compared to the HS Precision stock on the Dept. rifle.

I would've loved to put a 2.0 folding ACIS one on my rifle, but can't justify a stock costing almost 3 times the price of my rifle.....

XLR, AICS, Bell and Carlson.... all real good choices, already have bedding block. drop in, torque and ready to go!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BlackRifle248</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wanting to take the houge stock off of my Remington700sps tact and put on the same stock as the 700 police any thoughts ? I can use any info thanks </div></div>
The HS Precision take off stock is a fine bolt on. The aluminum bedding block will work fine.

I gotta give a big +1 for finding a HS Percision takeoff to start with. I got one here from a great seller who even threw in a Harris bi-pod because I happened to mention it was the next thing on my list to get! The HS has been an awesome stock and really helped me shrink my groups. Now I know that when I'm ready to upgrade in the spring I can sell my HS here and recoup some of my money!!!

I am going with a Mcree for my next stock option, all the benefits of the AICS for 200 or more less.

Thanks for the info, I will put up some before and after pics of my rifle soon, in the meen time if anyone has a bad ass pic of there R700 post it up !

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BlackRifle248</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the info, I will put up some before and after pics of my rifle soon, in the meen time if anyone has a bad ass pic of there R700 post it up ! </div></div>

I have the bcs1000 and love it. I will post a pic (not really badass though) when I get home from work. I thought hard about buying an hs precision take off, I just hated the uber fat palm swell.

I would have to say that all the above are all good stocks. It what you want, what your going to do with the rifle and what fits you. I have a long LOP and have to have extensions so the basic stock does not work for me. I went 1.5 AICS and am about to slap some of Michales Viper Skins on it. I would however look at the cost. I needed a 14/12 LOP and wanted the adj. cheek piece i wanted a QD Mag. and not have to worry about the fiberglass getting dinged all to hell. So I bought what fit my needs. This is one of the fun parts of a build and you chose a platform that has quite a dew options.

Any thoughts on AICS vs B&C vs HS-P vs McMillian? looking for the same sort of a stock upgrade for a Rem 700 SPS Tactical .308 18"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VonReich</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any thoughts on AICS vs B&C vs HS-P vs McMillian? looking for the same sort of a stock upgrade for a Rem 700 SPS Tactical .308 18" </div></div>

You are comparing apples to oranges to watermelons.

The only two that are comparable are the b&c and the hsp. Of the above mentioned (if I could afford it) I would go with the McMillan. The AICS is top notch but I just don't like the look, feel, and weight, not to mention its a couple hundred more dollars than the mcm.

Just my 2 cents

I had an H&S laying arounf and dropped my SPS in. My second SPS went in a McMillan A4 with a Badger M5 bottom metal. Its my go to tac match rifle.

Mcrees. Better than an AI in my opinion and is cheaper than a non folder.

Mcmillan htg is a great all round stock I couldnt be more happy. Hunting,off the bench or off the ground this one has it covered

I went with a Bell & Carlson Tactical Medalist Style 2 due to budget, otherwise would have opted for a Manners or AICS.

I just got my B&C Tactical Medalist A2 from the guy in the big brown truck. It's got a great palm swell and a very nice feel. The length of pull is perfect as well as the cheeck weld. I did have a few issues trying to get my factory bottom metal seated because the tolerance were nice and tight. Once I got it in there, it seated up perfectly. I weighs more than the houge overmold, but that's ok.