• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Remington .22 subsonics

geryrace

Private
Minuteman
Aug 17, 2008
I'm regularly mean to the local prairie dogs with my CZ 452 with a Tactical Innovations Quest suppressor. I'm currently using Remington Subsonics and every so often it goes off like I don't have a suppressor at all. Anyone else use Remingtons and have similar results? Quality control issue?

By the way, Aguilar subsonics stick in the chamber. Quite accurate but failure to extract is a pain.

Re: Remington .22 subsonics

I haven't shot any thru a suppressor but I did buy some to test against CCI subsonic and SK starndard plus. There was a definite difference in noise made by the Remington and the others. The Remington was louder and not quite as accurate , for me anyways.

Gery
WELCOME to the forum!

Yes, Rem subs will go super sonic at times. I have not had any
trouble extracting spent Aguila cases in my CZ. I shoot a lot of
CCI subs even though the bolt is hard to close. They shoot real
well. The Wolf MT and SK are both sub-sonic rds and shoot very
well also but I like the "smack" of the CCI hollow point.

cool.gif

I get more going supersonic during the cooler winter months than I do during the summer. Incidentally the Rem Subs are my "cheap accurate" ammo of choice, so I stocked up on those.

Branden

Thanks guys, I was wondering about my suppressor and if I'd screwed up the baffle arrangement or something. I have less than 150 rounds left and will move on to some Winchester Subs and Federal Gold medal. Any commentary?

The Aguilars only stick occassionally. I miked them and they are just a bit wider than others.

I see a lot of good comments about the Wolf and I copied the list one other member input on manufacturer and FPS at muzzle.

On my 452 the Remingtons occasionally go supersonic but shoot good...never had issues with Aguila..either the 38's or 40's...but to get the best from the CZ give Wolf a try...night and day in comparison and at a price...

Try winchester subsonics. Less than $4.00 a box and is very consistant. Shoots submoa at 50 yds on my stick with peep sights.

i've only had decent success with the remington subsonics at 50 yards, at 100 were horrible in accuracy.

there are so many more accurate ammos out there for the same price or less that i have abandoned the remingtons for aguila golden eagle match rifle which are almost accurate as sk match for half of the price.

although pricey, you can't go wrong with the wolf, very accurate and quite, so you do get your money's worth.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gery</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I have less than 150 rounds left and will move on to some Winchester Subs and Federal Gold medal. Any commentary?
</div></div>

The Federal Gold Medal (711B) have been very inconsistent for me in terms of noise/supersonic performance. Aguila/Wolf MT/CCI-SV have been far better (going through a Quad with SWR Spectre on the end).

For the price I would also try the Eley Sport (1085 fps). I gave this a try earlier this year and have been very impressed with it and the price tag. When shooting it, it gives off (to my senses) a lilac oder. However the trade off in accuracy is well worth the smell.

Good ammo at a reasonable price.

I just asked this not to long ago but I was looking for the most accurate that stayed subsonic and these guys pointed me towards the wolf match and the sk. I've tried the wolf match with great results and never had one go supersonic out of a 18 inch mark II. I was like you and have always had very inconsistent results with the remington subsonics. The aquila subsonic worked ok but truly now Im convinced that there is nothing like the wolf match for the money.

I found the RWS subsonic to give me the best results.

I don't use remington subs. They are very inconsistent. I do use remington targets at 100 and 200 yds and it performs well but shoots about 3 to 6 moa higher than my subsonics. I use aguila, and the gold match aguila which are very consistent as well as fiocchi, and winchester. My rifles do not like the wolf match, it opens up my group at 50 yds. but does good at 100 yds.
Also the cci standard velocity are great as well.

To me the Wolf MT has been completely worth it because if you miss a shot with something else you'll always know you would have made it if you were using Wolf MT. If you need expansion then just chuck them up in a lathe and install your own hollow point using a 60 degree cutter, then you'll be looking for a 20MOA scope base so you can extend your range. If there is no wind you can really begin to stretch your ability, or, you can use cheaper ammo and then blame your misses on the ammo, but hey, you saved $.04 cents when you missed, gee wasn't that fun......There are other ammos that will work similarly depending on your barrel, but Wolf MT ALWAYS works in EVERYTHING, never seen it not perform when something else did.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DFOOSKING</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dust_Remover,

Your supressed weapon gets louder in the winter huh? I would think in colder weather the air is denser and the bullets would have a slighter harder time cutting through it.</div></div>

I don't have a suppressed rifle, i'd love to have one, but the wife gives me dirty looks when I talk about spending money on my rifles.

During the winter, the cooler air decreases the speed of sound. I punch in some quick numbers and got a speed of sound (at local conditions) of 1106fps at 50 degrees, however it's 1073 at 20 degrees. If the muzzle velocity is 1085, it'll give you that crack that we all know.

I've had a chrono for several months now, and unbelievably I still haven't run my .22 over it for some reason.

Branden