• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Remington 40x estimate

I posted one here a couple years ago and didn't get any interest. LNIB, test fired only but don't remember what I asked for it.

As a shooting rifle its worth like 500 bucks. As a relic or collectors piece or something its worth more but I couldnt tell you how much more as I dont really care about that stuff unless its from the 60s etc and I still dont study the "value" of that stuff

wouldnt pay near $1k and thats only if you loved it.

If you want a shooter get a tikka for same $$ and more accurate.

GL
DT

I’ve been watching Remington rifles on Gunbroker for most of this year. Asking prices for what you describe have been in the $1000-1200 range. Some of the more rare rifles/chamberings have been in the $2500 range.

I suspect that Rem Arms getting into production will bring some of these prices down.

I would not buy if you intend to shoot it often, all the 40x's were built on short actions so you will need to remove the bolt to unload unfired rounds because the ejection port is not long enough. That being said I shoot F-class with a 280 AI that I built on a short action. I knew I would only need to unload unfired rounds once or twice a season mainly after a cease fire is called during a relay. So maybe removing the bolt won't be an issue for you.

If you want a wall hanger that you only occasionally shoot, you like it and have the money buy it.