• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Remington 700 AAC-SD 6.5 CM feedback

gmvk30

Private
Minuteman
Feb 24, 2018
Crystal City MO
Hello, first time poster here, does anyone have any feedback on the R700 Tactical AAC-SD in 6.5? I’ve got two tactical’s in 308, both are sub 1/2 MOA guns. I’m not seeing much on these, as far as what to expect from grouping. Basically, I’d be using the barreled action, I already have a timney 512, a badger bolt knob, and an HS stock with aics bottom metal from a donor rifle. I can get the rifle for around 6 bills shipped to my FFL, or I can order a tikka ctr for another $300. Can’t make up my mind on what I want to do, buy the Remington for 6 bills, and hope that it shoots good, and be done accessory wise, or buy a tikka for $900, and drop another $400 on a bravo chassis and mags. (Which is way over my budget.) i already have a couple t3x hunters, so i know how they shoot. Thoughts on the Remmy? I’d be happy with 1/2 from handloads.

I had one in .308 I just sold but I wanted the 6.5, so I bought an RPR. To be honest I didn’t even know Remington made one in a 6.5. I would definitely not hesitate to buy one and try it out.

Hello, first time poster here, does anyone have any feedback on the R700 Tactical AAC-SD in 6.5? I’ve got two tactical’s in 308, both are sub 1/2 MOA guns. I’m not seeing much on these, as far as what to expect from grouping. Basically, I’d be using the barreled action, I already have a timney 512, a badger bolt knob, and an HS stock with aics bottom metal from a donor rifle. I can get the rifle for around 6 bills shipped to my FFL, or I can order a tikka ctr for another $300. Can’t make up my mind on what I want to do, buy the Remington for 6 bills, and hope that it shoots good, and be done accessory wise, or buy a tikka for $900, and drop another $400 on a bravo chassis and mags. (Which is way over my budget.) i already have a couple t3x hunters, so i know how they shoot. Thoughts on the Remmy? I’d be happy with 1/2 from handloads.
As with any modern Remington, I'm sure the quality is hit or miss. I'd almost HAVE TO shoot one before laying the money down for it. I had an xcr tactical in recent time that refused to do better than 1 moa, while I have an sps tactical that cuts holes and drops jaws anytime someone pulls the trigger. I had one aac in 308 and it was fine, I could get 1 inch pretty regular. Please let me know how it shoots if you "pull the trigger" on the 6.5.

I just clicked purchase literally two minutes ago. lol. I guess we will see. Gonna ordered a bravo chassis for it as well. Yeah, both of my 700 in 308 are nail drivers. Best I’ve got out of my tactical 20” is a .187” with 168AMAX, and my 5R shoots 1/2”. I’ve talked to two people know who have these, and they are both sub Moa, the first guy said his shot about 3/4” with cheap American eagle, and had gotten better the more he’s shot it. Hopefully it shoots well. If not, I’ll sell a couple of my 700s and buy a Tikka with a chasis. I like to trade and tinker, either way, I’ll have a good shooting rifle, I hope! Lol

Reactions: Bender
I just clicked purchase literally two minutes ago. lol. I guess we will see. Gonna ordered a bravo chassis for it as well. Yeah, both of my 700 in 308 are nail drivers. Best I’ve got out of my tactical 20” is a .187” with 168AMAX, and my 5R shoots 1/2”. I’ve talked to two people know who have these, and they are both sub Moa, the first guy said his shot about 3/4” with cheap American eagle, and had gotten better the more he’s shot it. Hopefully it shoots well. If not, I’ll sell a couple of my 700s and buy a Tikka with a chasis. I like to trade and tinker, either way, I’ll have a good shooting rifle, I hope! Lol
Id def shoot it first, see if it's even remotely worthy of sinking money into, had a kid bring one in that had every bell and whistle you can imagine and shot like a 12 gauge.

Well, I ordered it online, being shipped to my FFL. Can’t exactly shoot it first. lol. I’ve had probably a dozen 700’s, I’ve only had one that didn’t shoot well, and it was a 700P. Even after I trued the action, shortened and re crowned the barrel, it would barely shoot 3/4. I know their quality is hit an miss, but the last few I checked, were within .001 of Saami spec. My older 700s were way worse than that, and shoot good for a hunting rifle.

Headspace (which is what I'm guessing you're referring to with SAAMI spec) is not likely to be a cause of inaccuracy. For liability reasons you'd expect it to pass head space-- it's a safety concern more than an accuracy concern.

The accuracy issues arise from the rifling and manufacturing processes. Pent up stress, uneven twist rates, smashed lands, off-center chambers, etc...

have one in .308.....shoots a reliable .9-1 MOA.....good guns for the money.

I had no idea this existed. At $600 it seems like a great candidate for a KRG Bravo stock.

It’s a great candidate. They did a limited run of these apparently. Found one from center point Guns, $614 shipped. If it dosent shoot good, guess I’ll splurge and buy a short chambered shilen or do a remage conversion. I sold my savage 10 FCP in 6.5 for $650, so I’m not out anything. I’ve got a .530” out of it one time, but for the most part is was 1-1.5” with factory ammo. Big disappointment from it, being every savage I had shot well. If this Remington shoots anything like my 308’s, I’ll be happy at its price point.

It’s a great candidate. They did a limited run of these apparently. Found one from center point Guns, $614 shipped. If it dosent shoot good, guess I’ll splurge and buy a short chambered shilen or do a remage conversion. I sold my savage 10 FCP in 6.5 for $650, so I’m not out anything. I’ve got a .530” out of it one time, but for the most part is was 1-1.5” with factory ammo. Big disappointment from it, being every savage I had shot well. If this Remington shoots anything like my 308’s, I’ll be happy at its price point.

Had I known this existed I would have kept my aac-sd .308 and chassis and just bought this as a quick swap action, instead I bought the RPR.....

I have a SPS-SD in 6.5, it has shot great so far with 147 eld-m's. I put it in a Magpul Hunter but it shot good with the houge.

Reactions: gmvk30
Remington and not Tikka?? Throw the whole rifle in the trash, Remington’s QC sucks.. No seriously, my 20” SPS Tactical.308 shot good bone-stock.. I love a 700 and have seriously considered doing exactly what your doing. Keep us updated on the results..The KRG Bravo would make that a dandy rig- good luck!

Remington and not Tikka?? Throw the whole rifle in the trash, Remington’s QC sucks.. No seriously, my 20” SPS Tactical.308 shot good bone-stock.. I love a 700 and have seriously considered doing exactly what your doing. Keep us updated on the results..The KRG Bravo would make that a dandy rig- good luck!
Haha. Will do! I love 700’s. I know some have their issues, but all mine have been great. At least the support network is stellar if I need parts! lol

Had I known this existed I would have kept my aac-sd .308 and chassis and just bought this as a quick swap action, instead I bought the RPR.....
Pretty much exactly what I’m doing. Changing one of the 308’s back to factory, and the 6.5 will get the timney, 20MOA Rail and HS stock. If it shoots good, then I’ll buy the bravo.

Reactions: Bender