• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington 700 SPS-T w/FACTORY UPGRADES!

Re: Remington 700 SPS-T w/FACTORY UPGRADES!

holy crap!!!! I might get this instead of the varmint... maybe they'll come out with a 24" tac... taht would be perfect if it was and was threaded...

looks like it will be about 150 bucks more. I can see that flying off the shelves. If I can get a decent price for my SPS Tactical I'll be picking one up for sure in the coming months.

the twist in the current sps tactical 308, is 1 in 10, right?? damn, it would saved me the trouble of sending mine to a gunsmith to thread.

I think you're talking about the aac blackout version. If so it is a couple threads down and you can find everything you need there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zeroed1983</div><div class="ubbcode-body">nope current twist is 1-12" </div></div>

thanks for the clarification

Now if they would just start chambering them in 260 and 7-08.

Lol you guys are ridiculous.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Emilio</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks as if they were listening. </div></div>

(This story starts with a buddy of mine & I ordered the SPS and were assured it was 10 twist but when it arrived it was 12 twist).

I went to the Shot Show this year and tracked down a fellow named John Fink as I was told he was in charge of rifle production at Rem. Asked him if he offered a 10 twist 20" .308. He said no. I told him "Do it!" as this boat sailed the dock years ago and that tactical shooters would like to see a 10 twist model pre-threaded for 5/8x24 in a 20" barrel. I then poked him with "I think Savage offer's a 10 twist 20" setup". He paid more attention after that. Told him that many of us order 10 twist stuff then send it out to get cut shorter & threaded for suppressors by Mike at Tornado. Told him that if they offered it pre-threaded then their ROI on that feature alone would be good.
Ran into him 2 days later while walking the floor and poked him again about it and he realized who I was and said he ran it by the guys at AAC sounded like a good idea and that it might be out by the next show in the Carolinas. So now I can officially say that I've contributed to SOMETHING in this world.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GRIM</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Emilio</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks as if they were listening. </div></div>

(This story starts with a buddy of mine & I ordered the SPS and were assured it was 10 twist but when it arrived it was 12 twist).

I went to the Shot Show this year and tracked down a fellow named John Fink as I was told he was in charge of rifle production at Rem. Asked him if he offered a 10 twist 20" .308. He said no. I told him "Do it!" as this boat sailed the dock years ago and that tactical shooters would like to see a 10 twist model pre-threaded for 5/8x24 in a 20" barrel. I then poked him with "I think Savage offer's a 10 twist 20" setup". He paid more attention after that. Told him that many of us order 10 twist stuff then send it out to get cut shorter & threaded for suppressors by Mike at Tornado. Told him that if they offered it pre-threaded then their ROI on that feature alone would be good.
Ran into him 2 days later while walking the floor and poked him again about it and he realized who I was and said he ran it by the guys at AAC sounded like a good idea and that it might be out by the next show in the Carolinas. So now I can officially say that I've contributed to SOMETHING in this world. </div></div>

Why didn't you tell him to make it in a 260!!

Good find, may wait to pick one up until I see the real street price on these!

I was just on Remingtons website 2 days ago, looks like they just added this model. The MSRP for the new SPS Tactical is only 23 bucks higher than the MSRP of the old model. Its nice you can get one with a 1/10 twist.....I would have went with this model if it was available when I bought mine. I'd like to hear from someone who has seen/handled this model, I wonder what kind of threading job they did.

Kelly

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rrflyer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Why didn't you tell him to make it in a 260!!

Good find, may wait to pick one up until I see the real street price on these! </div></div>

'Cause I'm a selfish, self-centered .308 shooter... ;-)

Actually I don't own anything 260 and all my gear is setup for 308 stuff so when all you have is a .308 hammer everything looks like .308 nails.

That's a good idea though - maybe that is the next thing to poke Remington with.

I just want one of their RACS stocks ! You'da thought I'd at least have gotten a perk from him for the suggestion - oh well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: flyboy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now if they would just start chambering them in 7-08. </div></div>

Yeah then you could easily end up with this!!

100_4247.jpg

Course mine is a little shorter...

There will be a 1:8 twist 24" .260 later this year.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kbrady</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was just on Remingtons website 2 days ago, looks like they just added this model. The MSRP for the new SPS Tactical is only 23 bucks higher than the MSRP of the old model. Its nice you can get one with a 1/10 twist.....I would have went with this model if it was available when I bought mine. I'd like to hear from someone who has seen/handled this model, I wonder what kind of threading job they did.

Kelly </div></div>

AAC provided the thread drawing. It should be compatible with all brands of silencers. The thread-protector alone is worth the $23 difference in price from the old model.

I was thinking of the "quality" of the threading job. The first batch should be good, if they start mass producing them it has the chance to get sloppy.

Here is a photo:

model700spstacticalaacs.jpg

I tell you what, while I'm glad that they finaly started listening, they messed up by beeing so late to the game. I'm not sure about anyone else but I'm not spending any more money on replacing my current SPS-T to the new one. If I could do an even trade sure but I'll spend that money on a custom barrel and actualy get what I want. Again I'm glad to see them actual offer a 1/10 twist its just a shame it took them so long to figure that out.

Anyone know when I will be able to buy one of these?

There is one version already out sprice. Check the link the op provided you can call Remington and find out where or how to get one. Prolly get your ffl to order one. There is other versions coming out later this year too.

I just bought this home. It's my first rifle. Haven't shot it yet. Still researching scopes and rings and bases. I basically don't know anything about this stuff, but I figured this would be a good way to jump in. Paid $599 for her. I guess that's a pretty good deal.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _Shay_ ©</div><div class="ubbcode-body">holy crap!!!! I might get this instead of the varmint... maybe they'll come out with a 24" tac... taht would be perfect if it was and was threaded... </div></div>

I wouldn't mind seeing that in a 24" also...maybe if Grimm would plant another seed it might happen or if we all call Remington and inquire about one...I just got done doing that
smile.gif