• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington 700LTR versus HS Precision STR

Re: Remington 700LTR versus HS Precision STR

Can't speak to the HS STR but my LTR does plenty good [sub MOA]...and I could get a couple more LTR's [or better yet, a lot of ammo for practice] for the price of the HS!

My LTR is a 'go to ' rifle.

FWIW

Wes

+1000 on the LTR in .308

I've had one for about a year now. The rifle shoots better than me most of the time. I've had good luck with running 178 a-maxs out to 1000yards at HardRock.

I think you would really like the LTR for the money.

Your comparing apples to oranges. HS is a custom gun with accuracy guarntee 1/2 moa. Remington is a factory rifle (which with a tuned load will shoot very well). If I were you Id get the Remington and then buy a nice scope with the extra cash you got left over.

Getting .7 to .85 5 shot groups with my .308 LTR and Black Hills or Hornady ammo. Just shot a 3 shot group at 300 that was a bit under 2 inches. I have a AICS on my LTR. Gun could do better, I am still learning.

-dan

I joined this site just because I was interested in getting a LTR and trying my hand at some long distance shooting. I still have yet to get one though. I keep spending my gun money on other guns! Someday the LTR will be mine. Oh yes, she will be mine...