• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Suppressors Remington 870 mod

ANGLICOMarine

Retired Marine
Minuteman
Aug 11, 2008
Atlanta, Georgia
I hope this is the correct thread for this.
I was wondering if anyone could give me a good gunsmith to modify (tactical) an 870...I have a pretty good handle on riflesmiths but have no idea where to turn to get a shotgun worked on. Please advise...thanks.

Re: Remington 870 mod

I think Mike Bush from Skunkworks does something with 870's. He's here on the hide. What are you trying to do to it?

I just want a professionally installed mag extension, pistol grip stock and possibly sights. I just want to find a website and order services a la cart.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bsp212</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think Mike Bush from Skunkworks does something with 870's. He's here on the hide. What are you trying to do to it? </div></div>

PERFECT...thats what I was looking for!

Mag extensions unscrew and screw in.

A pistol grip bolts on. You current stock un-bolts.

The sights you might need someone else to do.

This is assuming you have HANDS and a SCREWDRIVER...

All you need to change out a stock on an 870 is a #2 phillips screwdriver to remove the recoil pad and a long flathead screwdriver to remove the stock. The replacement stock will fasten on similarly, except in reverse.

Changing the foregrip can be done with a special socket, but I found that a piece of 1" x 1/8" flat stock fits the forearm nut perfectly. You'll need to perform a standard disassembly to remove the forearm and action bars; past that, there's not much to changing the forearm.

Sights...depend on what you're looking to do. I put this together with a secondhand 18" factory Remington barrel and a folding stock and forearm set from ATI. The sling is a one-off by a friend. For a first time firearm project, I found it to be quite enjoyable and rewarding.

Remington 870

Does anyone know if you can purchase Knighthawk's "shotshell carrier" separately?

i just ordered a mag extension from wilson combat and it is very very heavyduty, next i plan on going with a mesa tactical shot shell carrier

Wow, Mesa tac is right in my backyard! I didn't even know about them. I'm going to ditch my tacstar shotsell carrier and buy a few more goodies from these guys.