• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington Precision Sniper Rifle Chassis ?

mongoosesnipe

Private
Minuteman
Oct 9, 2019
So CDNN is has been auctioning these off for a while https://www.gunbroker.com/item/875505134 they seem to go for close to 1K but apparently they do not work with a 700 action, so what are these getting used for is there an aftermarket action that fits the same size specifications it seems like a nice chassis im just confused as to what you could do with it

Without the titanium action they were built around it may be a real pain in the ass to adapt to another action. A different inlet would seem to be doable but that full length top rail might be a whole different can of worms.

Reactions: winxp_man
Contact Remington and ask if they have any actions that they will sell you.

Contact Remington and ask if they have any actions that they will sell you.

If I'm correct they only made a small number of the complete rifles available for civilian purchase.
That and the ridiculous price tag on the rifles if you could buy just the action they would probably want $2-3k for an action.
I would look elsewhere even though I do like the looks and features of the chassis.

If I'm correct they only made a small number of the complete rifles available for civilian purchase.
That and the ridiculous price tag on the rifles if you could buy just the action they would probably want $2-3k for an action.
I would look elsewhere even though I do like the looks and features of the chassis.

oh i have no intention of buying one at 900-1000 there are plenty of chassis choices it was more of a why would anyone buy this since nothing goes into it drop in type question, i mean its a cool chassis but meh...

Without the titanium action they were built around it may be a real pain in the ass to adapt to another action. A different inlet would seem to be doable but that full length top rail might be a whole different can of worms.

This.....

This is the chassis that is on the MSR from what I can tell and it’s a proprietary action. Kinda reminds me of the Rock River AR-10’s.

Reactions: XLR308
Great discussion about the PSR rifles in this thread in the vintage section:

https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/remington-psr-need-help.7013757/

A few of us own these rifles, I've got one of the prototypes. Here's my response to someone asking about the chassis footprint:

The MSR receiver has a completely different footprint than the 700, which makes me wonder why so many people bid on the MSR RACS chassis when they come up for sale on gunbroker. In the last 2 months, CDNN has sold 5 of the MSR chassis for $900 to $1,300. Brownells also has them listed on their site for $1,400:
https://www.brownells.com/rifle-par...er-rifle-msr-psr-short-action-prod105917.aspx

Since they don’t fit the 700 receiver, these are as useful as a boat anchor in your gun safe. Loose MSR receivers are nonexistent, so it's nearly impossible to build one (I was able to build my prototype MSR from loose parts and I only know of one other loose receiver). Within the past year I've had 2 people contact me about the chassis after they purchased them from Brownells, even though they make it clear in the description that it won't fit a 700 receiver. Thankfully, for those two people, Brownells has a great return policy!

If anyone here is thinking of buying an MSR chassis for a build, don't do it unless you have an MSR receiver with bolt in hand (and the barrel nut, barrel nut torque wrench and magazines in the same caliber as the bolt head).