• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington PSR / Need Help??

The CSR (Compact Sniper Rifle) is/was built as a short action 308. The MSR (Modular Sniper Rifle) is built as a multi caliber 308, 300 Win Mag, 338 Lapua switch barrel rifle. Both were built off of the Remington RACS Chassis using a very nicely built titanium action. You could easily build up multiple other caliber barrels for each model. On the CSR you would need more barrel extensions and on the MSR you would need the correct extension as well as the correct bolt head per the case head/caliber you would want to add to the system. If you already had all 3 bolt head sizes, all you would need is the extensions.

If anyone knows, it will indeed be tactinstr1SFG...

The only thing I know about the PSR program - is that SOCOM apparently re-purposed some of the big S&B scopes, as seen on odd-ball platforms like M110s...
...and I could be wrong, but that Secret Service Sniper seen recently in DC seems to have one of those big tan S&B scopes on his Mk 13 Mod 7 type platform. Might be a coincidence, but I thought it was interesting to have that scope on that rifle. (I wonder if Crane also procures some gear for the USSS?). That's all I know.
A little late I don't normally add information. Still the Government agencies and military often work collaboratively...especially when expensive procurements are concerned. Noteworthily, I graduated USMC Scope Sniper school class 1/88 with several FBI HRT gents (Using the "OGA" other government agencies Unertl 10x non USMC marked) and even a couple Canadian snipers. Following my class or there about the C3 Unertl 10x was born.

Does anyone happen to know what material was used for the bolt body? I believe the receiver is titanium. I'm assuming it was either 4140 or some type of stainless.

Bumping this thread with a related question, instead of creating a completely separate thread… since it’s related.

What, if any, accessories were made to attach to the top of the AWP/OPS UMQDS mount? At least the mounts that had the thicker top ring with channel and two threaded holes running down them. Definitely looks like they were intended to attach a diving board or other accessories.

Tan UMQDS mount with said top ring halves intended for accessories:
IMG_4969.jpeg

Black UMQDS with slick top ring halves:
IMG_4970.jpeg

Definitely looks like they were intended to attach a diving board or other accessories.
Presumably those holes are for a Picatinny rail. (This one is a Gray Ops part, but same concept is my best guess)
1708630855940.png

1708630938244.png

AWP 8137-1 bridge mount is the only one I have ever seen. The one above is interesting for sure but it also could have been for levels or even holographic site mounts that were never produced