• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Remington Rand 1911

Nomad Farrier

Nomad
Minuteman
Jul 25, 2009
NE Oregon
I inherited a Remington Rand 1911, it has the original issue paint still on it. I also have papers to prove that my granfather bought it from the Benicia, Cali Armory. Which is no longer there. I would like to get a solid price on it so that I would be able to market it. Is anyone out there well versed in the Remington Rand pistols? Thanks for all the help!

Mike

Re: Remington Rand 1911

Depends if the parkerizing is "Two-tone" or not (indicating heat treatment) and what wear may be on the weapon; magazine; and paperwork and/or box. There were also series 1 and series 2 pistols.

You could be looking anywhere between $1100 (low for GI rebuilds with mixed parts and obvious use) to $2,000 (all original Remington Rand and/or proper subcontractor parts, in original GI shipping box with government release and shipping papers and perfect finish).

Most seem to average between $1200 and $1800/1900.

Sinister,

The parkerizing seems to be two tone. As for wear there is very little. It came with one magazine, just that one PO, and I got it in an old cigar box of all things! It looks like all parts are original except for barrel and bushing. So Ill bet the Gov rebuilt it once? I looked on Gunbroker and judging by the pictures this pistol is in the top 5% as far as condition and wear. Do you happen to know anyone that may be interested in looking at this pistol? Thanks for your time-

Mike

If you need an appraisal Tom Underwood in Albuquerque specializes in 1911s and Winchester 70s.

Remington Rand used components from a few other wartime manufacturers since there were certain parts they didn't make. An original WWII GI gun will have a blued vice parkerized barrel...not sure about the bushing.

There are various other markings that would indicate if it is original or a GI refurb.

Hmmm maybe it is original. The barrel is blued vice parkerized, as is the bushing. Im thinking I need to take some pics and send em to Tom Underwood. Do you happen to know how to get ahold of him?

I have done several for insurance purposes. But without the pistol in hand you can't do a detailed inspection of it.

If you do a google search there are several sites that can help you get a rough idea. There are probably hundreds of sites specializing in 1911s made in war time and what they are worth.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Oregon Shooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I inherited a Remington Rand 1911, it has the original issue paint still on it. I also have papers to prove that my granfather bought it from the Benicia, Cali Armory. Which is no longer there. I would like to get a solid price on it so that I would be able to market it. Is anyone out there well versed in the Remington Rand pistols? Thanks for all the help! Mike </div></div>

Don't know if you've ever seen this - it's a bit grainy - but it's a WWII R-R factory "motivational" poster. Using a real South Pacific battlefield picture, it was supposed to motivate R-R employees to keep up quality-control standards on the 1911A1s they were building.

WelcometoRemingtonRandduringWWII-19.jpg

cool.gif