• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington SUCKs, and I still recommend it!

Hogstooth

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 12, 2004
Texas
www.vttactical.com
Ha! Got you to look!!!

Seriously though, with all that has happened to Remington they still make one of the greatest rifles of all time the Remington 700!

Pretty much copied by everyone, the Company can't seem to get their shit together, so why do I recommend them? The Remington 700 is still pretty good in my opinion, just replace the factory trigger with whatever commercial brand trigger you like and BAM you have a great shooting rifle.

Still has the most parts and accessories for it

Still convert it into a custom rifle, lots of smiths work on them

and as a factory rifle they still shoot pretty well out of the box! I don't think it will ever go away! Remington should stick to what works, and maybe contract with a trigger company to fix that lil problem.

Oh and by the way, I'm just kind of bored at my part time job!! Let the internet games begin!!

Reactions: BrienM
Yeah it’s a little more of an issue than just a quick trigger swap. From my experience.

I’m not even talking about accurizing it. Just getting them to work. Timing is off on the camming action, barrels are tool’d, rough, and bur’d.

Extractors on the magnums are a streaming hot bag of smashed assholes. Scope mount holes drilled all off and fubar’d.

Once all that is cleared, then we can see how well it shoots. By the time you get done fucking with it, you might as well have shelled out a little more money for a custom action. Or just get a Bergara b14 hmr which is pretty much what the 700 is suppose to be today.

Remingtons work well for me.... been beat by lots of savages over the years.. Everyone makes parts for them...

The Remington 700p with the 40x trigger is the best deal on the market imo. Hs precision stock, trigger adjustable down to 1.5lbs, and Sub MOA accuracy all right out of the box and for less than $750. I don’t know of any other rifle maker that offers so much for that price. Are there better rifles, absolutely but not at that price. Remington sniper rifles are used by countries all over the world and that says a whole bunch. Nearly all the custom actions use the Remington 700 design and that also speaks to the genius of it. I own other manufacturers rifles but I prefer the Remington. If I want anything for a remy it’s only a click of a mouse away.
This post is a good one. Every Remington hater on the hide will chime in. I like hearing from people that have had problems because it makes me aware of problems that I might not have seen. Inevitably people that have never owned one feel the need to repeat bs they heard from someone else that probably heard it from someone else that was selling them a rifle other than a Remington. I got my 🍿 and🍺for this one. Lmmfao

Reactions: Hogstooth
I've been getting emails relating to their bankruptcy and class action lawsuit. One today related to claim on their inventory. May not be many of those actions before long...

I have old Remingtons that are good. Not impressed with current QC. A Friend bought a short SPS, and the barreled action was mounted completely crooked. Visually you could see the barrel up against one side, and you couldn’t even slide a dollar bill behind it was so bound up.
How does that leave the factory? Is no one at all checking what goes out? I think that’s pathetic for $800.

Yeah it’s a little more of an issue than just a quick trigger swap. From my experience.

I’m not even talking about accurizing it. Just getting them to work. Timing is off on the camming action, barrels are tool’d, rough, and bur’d.

Extractors on the magnums are a streaming hot bag of smashed assholes. Scope mount holes drilled all off and fubar’d.

Once all that is cleared, then we can see how well it shoots. By the time you get done fucking with it, you might as well have shelled out a little more money for a custom action. Or just get a Bergara b14 hmr which is pretty much what the 700 is suppose to be today.

Oh the Bergara's might become the new Remington, really impressed with what they have put out so far!! They are doing great things!

I own a number of different rifles, including Remington, savage, tikka plus multiple custom actions. I must be lucky, because all of them work well for me. A cheap $400 rem varmint rifle in cheap Tupperware stock chambered in.223 took a new trigger and dropped into a better stock. Shoots light varmint bullets really well. A $700 Remington long range in .30-06’ shoots very well to 1000 yards out of the box with good factory ammo, though I did take advantage of a deal to have the bolt fluted and a new bolt knob. Other than that, it is stock with its factory HP Precision stock.

Each does what I want them to do, but I wouldn’t expect them to be a match rifle or to compete with custom rifles. They are good for what you pay and will still make any average hunter happy to own them, for the most part.

The same can be said for the Savage .338 I use to make consistent hits out to 1 mile and beyond. I had to bed it and added a cheek piece for my convenience, but otherwise, it’s stock. Probably looks silly to to some that it wears homemade paint and an S&B PM II, but it’s outshot many a $10,000 .375 Cheytac system that was shot by new owners with more money than sense or experience.

Bottom line is that a rifle is a tool. Buy according to what you need the tool for.

Pics of groups student shot yesterday first time shooting LR using my Rem 700 loaner in 6.5 Creedmore in a Christensen arms chassis, replaced with a rifLe basix trigger. He put 5 in that last one, pretty good for a factory barreled action.

E617FBAF-2D88-44AC-B7FB-734F613AEB20.jpeg
3F1FAE86-0872-4B3E-AB0C-4735A06DAC0A.jpeg
D31321DA-0445-41FA-A2FD-80477238F747.jpeg
FE4142B4-9E56-4203-A58F-33BB6D42DD42.jpeg