• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington Triggers

mvphilly

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2022
NY
I have seen a few Remington Walker 40x Military triggers around and they sell for a nice price. My question is do they sell for a premium because they are scarce and those who want to build an M40/M24 clone want to get original as possible or are these triggers as good as a jewell or other high end aftermarket triggers.

Properly adjusted they’re probably the most reliable field triggers for a 700 platform you can get. If you take one apart and stone the surfaces and do Gretan springs they feel absolutely amazing. You just can’t get them down to ounces and be safe.

As to why they sell for a premium, it’s probably for clone builds but I could be wrong. I’ve bought a number of them for $50-$100 for the solid shoes.

Reactions: FuhQ
What is the difference between a 40X Military trigger and a 40X trigger?

They should come with paperwork certifying them to certain break.

I have 8-10 of them sitting in TriggerTech boxes that I removed over the years to replace with TT triggers. They were great for what they are, and I've adjusted and tuned them all already, but IMO, you won't beat a TT.

What are they selling for? I might need to list them on a clone sight. LOL

I have 8-10 of them sitting in TriggerTech boxes that I removed over the years to replace with TT triggers. They were great for what they are, and I've adjusted and tuned them all already, but IMO, you won't beat a TT.

What are they selling for? I might need to list them on a clone sight. LOL
Last I was looking 2-3 hundy.

Might be more now.

I’m a Neanderthal my standard Walkers from the 60s seem fine.

• Wow
Reactions: Stevo86 and FuhQ
Last I was looking 2-3 hundy.

Might be more now.

I’m a Neanderthal my standard Walkers from the 60s seem fine.
I used to buy them for $25-35 each on eBay 10-15 years ago. 😳

Then again, I also used to buy stainless steel factory take-off 700 barrels (brand new) for $50-100, and then have the smith work them over and hand-lapp them after taking off a thread or 2, and then running a good reamer through the chamber, and then re-crowning the muzzle with an 11º target crown. They always shot amazing. Cheap fix for a burnt-out tube and get sub-MOA performance with handloads. Still rocking a few of those barrels on rifles, and they're still going strong.

I used to buy them for $25-35 each on eBay 10-15 years ago. 😳

Then again, I also used to buy stainless steel factory take-off 700 barrels (brand new) for $50-100, and then have the smith work them over and hand-lapp them after taking off a thread or 2, and then running a good reamer through the chamber, and then re-crowning the muzzle with an 11º target crown. They always shot amazing. Cheap fix for a burnt-out tube and get sub-MOA performance with handloads. Still rocking a few of those barrels on rifles, and they're still going strong.

M24 triggers that cheap?

X-mark triggers maybe. There are two different 40x triggers. They have the external adjusting screw at different locations.

X-mark triggers maybe. There are two different 40x triggers. They have the external adjusting screw at different locations.
They are not X-Marks or X-Mark Pro garbage. They aren't M24 triggers either (no external adjustment). They are old Walker wide-shoe triggers.

I should have known it wasn't the X-makr line. You can't give them away. Really not bad trigger in experience. With some work off course. The X-makr anyway. The x-mark pro was trash. The Walkers i have messed with are Ok. No Huber. LOL.

I should have known it wasn't the X-makr line. You can't give them away. Really not bad trigger in experience. With some work off course. The X-makr anyway. The x-mark pro was trash. The Walkers i have messed with are Ok. No Huber. LOL.
You can always spot an old Walker from the wide ridged shoe. The X-Marks were smooth, and the X-Mark Pro is smooth w/ the external adj. screw.

Personally, I'm of the tribe the X-Mark and X-Mark Pro deserve to be immediately removed and thrown in the trashcan before ever shooting the gun.

Sadly, my experiences with the X-Mark triggers hasn't lead me to any better opinion of them than yours FuhQ. Not one of the Rem M700-based rifles I still have wears a Remington trigger. Target rifles have mostly Jewell HVRs, field rifles are set up with TTs. But then all the later, RR-prefix actions I've built on were bought as bare receivers that came w/o bolts or triggers, and I set them up with PTG custom bolts.