• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington with a factory detachable mag?

dreamlander

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 8, 2009
North Dakota, USA
I got in a small argument the other day with a coworker. I didn't think Remington made a bolt action rifle that comes from the factory with a detachable mag. He told me he just bought one a year ago... but couldn't tell me the model. I said ok, I guess I am wrong, I just didn't know. Now I went on the Remington website and can't find any bolt guns with a detachable mag. Am I not seeing them? Can anyone point me to them, or was I right in the first place?

Re: Remington with a factory detachable mag?

I saw a factory 338 with detachable magazine the other day.

My Remington 700 Police chambered in .338LM has a 5rd DBM FYI.

Remington did make a factory DM but the magazine where not the best. Here is a picture of the magazine and stock cut out. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

remmy%20dm%20006.jpg

Ok, I wasn't looking at their tactical rifles as he was talking like it was a hunting rifle. But he didn't know what it was. Thanks for the info.

My brother has a 7mm STW in a 700 with a factory detachable magazine. He is selling it because of the feature

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dreamlander</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok, I wasn't looking at their tactical rifles as he was talking like it was a hunting rifle. But he didn't know what it was. Thanks for the info. </div></div>

It probably was. They made a version of the 700 BDL with a DBM, with a magazine and inlet that looks exactly like the one pictured above.

Even the el-cheapo Remington 770 comes with a detachable mag.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PDC Custom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Remington did make a factory DM but the magazine where not the best. Here is a picture of the magazine and stock cut out. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

remmy%20dm%20006.jpg
</div></div>

Have that exact same setup on our department rifles and they blow.

Have had so many problems with the factory setup.