• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington

CarbonMTN

224 Overbore
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2012
NV
Go to Remington's website and they are only showing ammo. I know Ruger acquired a portion, Vista outdoor got ammo and someone else got some?

Does this mean that the name Remington will only be associated with "poor performance" (IMO) Ammo?

I've always liked the Remington VTR with the triangle barrel. Should I run out and get one before they are never made again, maybe it could turn into a vintage collectors rifle or just stay away?

Not much in the marketplace to buy, any inventory in the pipeline dried up back in the spring and summer.

Not much in the marketplace to buy, any inventory in the pipeline dried up back in the spring and summer.

my local sportsman’s has a vtr in 260 rem. I’m just wondering if it’s a good buy? They used to go for over $1000 now it’s on sale for $650. Or because of how the company was broken up I should just stay away.

It’s crazy how fast the 700s disappeared from the vendors.
Never was a fan of the VTR but if you want one by all means get it. Prices are all over the place on the auction sites.
Being a lifelong poor I’ll continue to use Rem actions for my builds, I don’t think all the aftermarket support there is will dry up any time soon.

I remember there was a VTR tactical in 308 that was in an adjustable B&C stock. I mean if its cheap, you could get and drop a new barrel on it for a decent turn key rifle.

ETA but from a search all I see are the standard rifle in the tupperware stock... Maybe not a good rifle to play with...

I just bought a Rem 700 ADL tactical in 308 from Dicks Sporting Goods for 399.98. They are still sitting on a bunch of these in 308, 6.5, and 22-250 for the same price. I would look for one of them since they are half the price.

Reactions: TurdFerguson
I had a VTR in .308 that shot pretty good after a stock change and new trigger. It was real finicky about ammo tho. I wouldn't suggest anyone going out of their way to find one.

Last edited:
Best guess, it will take a few more months before Roundhill Group is able to spin up any product firearms production in New York.

Ruger is searching for a physical location to set up Marlin production, could be late 2021 or more likely 2022 before any new Marlin hits the market.

Vista is working to restart the Lonoke, AR ammunition plant. Restarting may be difficult as other bidders involved in the bankruptcy process commented the facility was in need millions of dollars of deferred maintenance to be seen about before restarting the machines.

Sierra is shipping ammo from the Barnes plant.

Reactions: rookie7
I just bought a Rem 700 ADL tactical in 308 from Dicks Sporting Goods for 399.98. They are still sitting on a bunch of these in 308, 6.5, and 22-250 for the same price. I would look for one of them since they are half the price.

Honestly I think $399 for a Remington 700 barreled action with heavy barrel and picatinny base is hard to beat. It may be an ADL with a cheap stock but if you find a good deal on a better stock then you're ahead of the game price wise.

Honestly I think $399 for a Remington 700 barreled action with heavy barrel and picatinny base is hard to beat. It may be an ADL with a cheap stock but if you find a good deal on a better stock then you're ahead of the game price wise.

That is what I exactly did to replace my broken Savage 10-FCM for deer season.

Before....

Rem_700_ADL_TAC.jpg

After........

Rem_700_ADL_TAC_Done.JPG

399.98 for the R700 barreled action
349.00 For the KRG Bravo
169.00 For the Area 419 Hellfire Break

Extras other then the scope is the spigot mount for 69.99 and 112.50 For the Trigger tech Trigger (25% Off Discount).

With Hornady 178 ELD-M, I get 1/2 inch MOA at 100 Yards and 7/8 inch Federal 180 Fusion. Federal 168 SMK are around 1 inch to 1.250 inches, so I know it likes 175's on up. I do have some 185 Berger Juggernaut OTM's coming that I think will be even better.

I had a VTR when they came out the flats on the barrel were over clocked and the gun literally shot 3-4’ to the right I couldn’t get any kind of consistency with it and I had to run leupold rings so I could correct for the windage issue..

never heard anyone with a triangle barrel have much luck with it. I sold mine after about 100 rounds and some honest effort trying to make it shoot.

That is what I exactly did to replace my broken Savage 10-FCM for deer season.

Before....

View attachment 7496613

After........

View attachment 7496614

399.98 for the R700 barreled action
349.00 For the KRG Bravo
169.00 For the Area 419 Hellfire Break

Extras other then the scope is the spigot mount for 69.99 and 112.50 For the Trigger tech Trigger (25% Off Discount).

With Hornady 178 ELD-M, I get 1/2 inch MOA at 100 Yards and 7/8 inch Federal 180 Fusion. Federal 168 SMK are around 1 inch to 1.250 inches, so I know it likes 175's on up. I do have some 185 Berger Juggernaut OTM's coming that I think will be even better.

I took a similar path with my 223. The 700 adl tactical is a great value.

Is Roundhill still waiting on their FFL application to go through or have they finally started hiring people to make new rifles?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: trdjohn
Is Roundhill still waiting on their FFL application to go through or have they finally started hiring people to make new rifles?

Some one from them said it will be a few months before they start producing, as they are waiting on the FFL.

I bought 3 700s ADL back a few months ago when Walmart was unloading them.
Paid $600 for all three. (.243, .308, 7mm mag)
sent one to RLI and will finish it for my son’s Christmas whenever I get the barrel from Northland.
Not sure what I’m doing with the other 2.

Reactions: ta6ppc