• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Remmington 700 SPS Stock Options

ffhounddog

Private
Minuteman
  • Dec 8, 2007
    Montgomery, AL
    I have a 20 inch Remmington 700 SPS bone stock with a 2.5-10X IOR with MP-8 reticle on it and I am debating on what stock to put on the rifle. It has the current standard Houge Stock and would like to upgrade to something that is handy but can still be used in Precission. I do not want to be stuck with a Rifle that I have to drop to the ground or it weighs 30 lbs with all the high speed stuff and cannot lift it to my shoulder. My LWRCI M6 AR-15 has a LDI CQBL-1 IR Laser, surefire M952v, and Gemtech G5 is about as heavy as I want it to be.

I want to keep the current barrel at this time.

I am putting a Break on this as well thinking of a PWS Break because well that is what I use on my SPR.

I need some options and I am not against spending money but I do not want to spend money needlessly.

Only addon is I might toss a PVS14 in front or behind the scope but really it is not needed at this time.

Re: Remmington 700 SPS Stock Options

B&C M40 and Light Tactical both nice upgrades, far more rigid than factory, very durable, good warranty, fairly traditionally styled stocks that are quite affordable.