• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remmington Rifles

PeterN

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 12, 2011
Charleston, SC
If you are considering a Remmington you should get it now because a year from now the quality of the product is likely to have degraded. Possibly significantly so. Why? Because Cerbus Capitol Management the private company that owns Remmington (along with other arms manufacturers) has just named Robert Nardelli as the new Chairman and CEO. Nardelli has made his reputation as a relentless cost cutter in his previous positions. When Cerbus bought the auto maker Chrysler in 2009 Nardelli was named Chairman and CEO. He was so successful in cutting costs that Crysler could no longer make a car that anyone would buy and Chrysler declared bankruptcy in 2011. He was replaced and the new CEO has led a resurgence and the automaker is enjoying renewed success. Although there are many other factors in Chrysler's near death experience it is commonly understood that Nardelli was a disaster.

Prior to Chrysler Nardelli was Chairman and CEO of Home Depot. What did he do there? He cut costs by
firing or retiring many of the product experienced veterans and replacing them with lower cost part time employees. (no benefits). The result was that Home Depot profits rose but they lost the market dominance they had owned for so long. Lows was the main beneficiary of Nardelli's tenure as they took market share leadership.

What will Nardelli do at Remmington? Don't wait to find out. If you want a Remmy get it now

Mum

workers. Home Depots profits improved but they lost market leadership to Lowes.

Re: Remmington Rifles

Ron Coburn will enjoy the next few years of "success". I've always been a Remmy fan but Savage listens to what the customer wants.

Well looks like custom actions for me from here on out!

+1 on the old pre-prefix Remmy actions. I buy them and build in the quality I want in my rifles, not someone elses profit margin thinking. I'm starting to like Savages though.

Man How in the hack does some one like that keep there job?

Nardelli did a great job at Chrysler and Home Depot, er, .........

Maybe I will go AI or Sako.

FH