• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Remmy 700 VTR .308 Questions

navyboarder89

Private
Minuteman
Aug 18, 2012
I have a fairly new 700 VTR, with only 50 rounds through it. I have lightened the trigger in about half from factory, and am reloading Hornady 225gr. I was wondering if anyone has pushed this rifle out far with the factory triangular barrel? And how it was performing at 1000+ yards. Thanks in advance.

Re: Remmy 700 VTR .308 Questions

I shoot it with 175 Smk's out to 1000. When I can get the wind call right she does pretty good. I have replaced the stock, trigger, and have a mid grade scope. I'm not sure about the heavies that you are looking to push out of it though.

Re: Remmy 700 VTR .308 Questions

Well, it has been a while but back in the day I rocked the VTR for a while. Unless it has changed the 308 has a 1 in 12 twist. Trying to get the 225 to run in the 12 twist will be no fun at all. The 155 Palma SMK 2156c bullet will however produce solid results if loaded correctly with that twist to beyond 1000 yards.